On our planet, along with modern, technologically and industrially developed metropolitan areas, there are many places created by ancient masters or by nature itself.
On Earth, many mysterious places
1. Devil's Tower, USAThe so-called Devil's Tower is actually a natural rock of surprisingly regular shape and consists of columns with sharp corners. This is truly a mysterious place, which, according to research, for more than 200 million years, is located in the United States, in the territory of the modern state of Wyoming.
Devil's Tower or Devils Tower formed from magma melt
View of the Devil's Tower from the plane
2. Cahokia mounds, USACahokia or Caokia is an abandoned Indian city whose ruins are near Illinois, USA. This place reminds of how ancient civilizations lived, and its complex structure proves that this area was inhabited by highly developed people 1,500 years ago. The ancient city is striking in its scale, on its territory there is a network of terraces and 30-meter earthen mounds, as well as a huge solar calendar.
View of the mound of Cahokia from an airplane
40 thousand residents left the city shortly before the travels of Columbus
3. Chavinda, MexicoThis mystical place, according to the beliefs of the Aborigines, is the center of the intersection of the real and the other worlds.That is why incredible things happen here that are difficult to understand for modern man.
A little more than 6 thousand people live in Chavinda
Locals believe that they live on the border of the worlds
4. Newgrange, IrelandNewgrange is the oldest building on the territory of modern Ireland; it is about 5 thousand years old. It is believed that this long corridor with a transverse room is a grave, but for whom, scientists have not yet been able to determine.
Newgrange is 40 km from Dublin
The stones at the entrance to the tomb are decorated with a spiral pattern.
5. The Pyramids of Yonaguni, JapanMysterious underwater pyramids near the western Japanese island of Yonaguni cause much controversy among modern archaeologists and geodesists.The main question is whether the structures are a natural phenomenon, or were they created by the hand of an ancient man.
Only scuba divers will be able to see the city of Yonaguni
Mysterious civilization. Submarine City Yonaguni
6. Nazca Geoglyphs, PeruNazca geoglyphs in Peru - one of the most mysterious places on the planet. They were discovered in the middle of the last century and are still actively discussed by scientists who cannot say for sure what the ancient people wanted to express with these gigantic drawings of animals and for what purpose were they used?
Geoglyphs were rediscovered in 1939 by archaeologist Paul Kosok
Drawings are applied to the surface by excavation.
7. Dell Black Bam Dam, ChinaThe hollow of black bamboo or Heizhu is perhaps the most terrible place on earth. Locals called it the Valley of Death, and for any money they don’t even want to approach it. A single memory of a dell brings a strong horror to them.
Heizhu - one of the strongest anomalous zones of the planet
In a hollow of black bamboo, fog often falls in a matter of seconds.
8.Giants Trail, IrelandThe Path of the Giants, or the Giant's Road in Northern Ireland, is an amazing coastal region, formed many centuries ago by a volcanic eruption. It consists of about 40 thousand basalt columns, which look like giant steps.
Giants Trail is credited with volcanic origin
Most basalt columns are hexagonal.
9. Goseck Circle, GermanyThe Gosek Circle is an ancient Neolithic structure in the German district of Burgenlandkrais. The circle was accidentally discovered in the early 90s of the last century when reviewing the terrain from an airplane.
Gosek circle after restoration
Scientists believe the discovery of an ancient observatory
10. Monuments of Moai on Easter IslandEaster Island is world-famous thanks to the gigantic statues of Moai, located throughout its territory. Each such megalithic figure is a large monument created by the masters of an ancient civilization in the crater of the local volcano Rano Raraku.
Moai size from 3 to 5 m
Statues keep their secrets
Easter Island - Moai Message
11. Tablets of Georgia, USAGeorgia Tables - 20-ton polished granite slabs with inscriptions in eight of the most famous languages of the world. The inscriptions are the commandments for future generations, how to rebuild civilization after a global cataclysm. The monument was installed in 1979, the customer is listed in the documents under the name of Robert C. Christian.
Plates are oriented to the cardinal points
There is a text in Russian on the monument.
12. Rishat (Eye of the Sahara). MauritaniaOn the territory of modern Mauritania, the largest desert in the world hides an amazing natural phenomenon of the Proterozoic period, whose name is Rishat or the Eye of the Sahara.
Rishat - the All-Seeing Eye of Earth
Blue stones "Eyes of the Sahara"
13. "Gate to Hell" - Darvaz Crater in TurkmenistanThe gas crater of Darvaz is located in the Turkmen Karakum desert, which looks like a gate to hell. This fire pit with a diameter of about 60 meters and a depth of 20 meters is the result of excavations carried out here during the Soviet era.
The Darwaza crater swallowed the soviet oil rig
Brave people are ready to take a selfie at the "Gate of Hell"
14. Arkaim, RussiaArkaim is an ancient settlement, reminiscent of ancient civilizations, which was discovered several decades ago in the vicinity of Chelyabinsk. It is believed that this landmark Russia is the birthplace of the ancient Aryans, which gave rise to European, Persian and Indian civilizations.
At the end of the 20th century, Arkaim wanted to flood
Due to the good preservation of the monument, historians recreated the model of the settlement
15. Stonehenge, EnglandEnglish Stonehenge is a real place of pilgrimage for tourists from all over the world. He beckons with his mystery, legends and mystical beginning. Stonehenge is a megalithic structure up to one hundred meters in diameter, which is located on the Salisbury Plain.
Stonehenge is located in Wiltshire, England
Stonehenge aerial view
A territory of mysteries. Stonehenge
16. Loch Ness, ScotlandLoch Ness in Scotland is one of the deepest lakes on the European continent. It hides a lot of mysteries. Eyewitnesses claim that a prehistoric animal named Nessi lives in the lake, which looks like a plesiosaur (a type of dinosaur that died out 65 million years ago).
Loch Ness - freshwater lake, 36 km long
Famous photos of the Loch Ness monster
So Nessie can look
17. Bermuda Triangle, Atlantic OceanThe enigma of the Bermuda Triangle is the mystery of human lives tragically broken under obscure circumstances. It is located in the northwestern part of the Atlantic Ocean, between Miami, Bermuda and Puerto Rico.
The Bermuda Triangle is considered one of the anomalous zones.
Various sources have information about the disappearance of more than 100 large ships and aircraft.
18. Egyptian Pyramids, Valley of Giza, EgyptOne of the 7 wonders of the world, the Egyptian pyramids, are majestic and mysterious structures with a thousand-year history.Currently it is one of the main attractions of the world, which millions of tourists want to see. The mystery of the construction of the pyramids, as well as their history, purpose and durability - the subject of disputes of more than a dozen scientists.
Egyptian pyramids - one of the seven wonders of the world
Secrets of the Egyptian pyramids.