A harness for dogs with their own hands: patterns, sizes, types. How to make your own hands a harness for a dog?
Undoubtedly, walks on a harness for an animal are morecomfortable, rather than on a leash with a collar. Because it does not press on the neck and allows you to breathe freely, and the owner is easier to control his pet.
For military dogs use the same harness, butmore solid and complex design. But despite the fact that in our time there is a large selection of ammunition for dogs, if you want you can put some effort and time to get an exclusive harness for dogs, made with your own hands.
Materials for the production of canine ammunition
Today such accessories can be bought absolutely for any dog: whether it be a Pomeranian Pomeranian or a Doberman. Sew a dog's harness basically:
- from braid or ortalion;
- leatherette and other materials, including natural cotton fabrics.
How to choose a harness for a dog,the seller of the pet store, but not always there are funds to buy it, or there is not a suitable one among the assortment. Fortunately, you can sew the usual walking harness yourself. This is not difficult at all, and the model in this case will definitely suit the owner of the dog.
The main thing is that the product should sit correctly on the pet: it should not press, but only snug tightly to the body.
For dogs of medium and large breeds,harnesses in the process of training or in sports: for towing a skier, various dog competitions (running in a harness) or just for the development of muscles, etc. The harness for dogs with their own hands is made of strong enough materials with a strong buckle and carabiner: leather, thick belt or braid. However, the accessory should not be too heavy to make the dog comfortable.
Also, do not put on a harness constantly, soas a pet during the movement it appears a different center of gravity than from the movement in the collar, and after training with a sled dog it is already becoming more difficult to get used to something else, and if necessary, temporarily walking without a harness the four-legged friend can not feel comfortable.
They are much lighter than leather or fromimitation leather. And they are the most durable and durable, not inferior to products made from other materials. To sew a comfortable enough thing for your pet, first of all it is necessary to decide what you need in general:
- for towing;
- for the harness (a nylon model without buckles and rings, as well as with buckles and a fastening rope is appropriate here).
To practice with a service dog, it is better to sewa leather product with strong and wide buckles and belts. Only make sure that the rings are well welded, and the straps are properly sewn to get a strong harness for the dog. Pattern is suitable for any that you like.
And you can make a combined model: leather and nylon, so it will be easier and cheaper. Buckles and rings when shopping also do not hesitate to check for quality.
For the smallest dogs
For decorative dogs the harness already began to wearthe nature of the binding accessory. For example, four-footed with thick necks, such as pugs, French bulldogs and other things, it is much more convenient to walk on a harness. And miniature fragile representatives of dogs with a gentle neck and thin neck (Yorkshire terrier, chihuahua, etc.) is also better to offer soft velories than collars.
And you can decorate the finished product than your heart desires: crystals, crystals or thorns, if only the scenery does not hurt the animal.
Rules of independent tailoring
How to make a harness for the dog yourself? The most important point - it should ideally fit in size. In addition, the product should be designed for the physical strength and temperament of a four-legged friend, and the breed also matters. You should choose a type of harness and, depending on what it is for: for ordinary walks or sports, for a guide dog or helping in search and rescue activities.
On what before sewing it is necessary to sharpen attention:
- You can choose any material you like, but it should be both soft and wear-resistant, and strong, and even easy to wear off.
- It is better to equip a harness not with one clasp, butat once several. This is necessary in order for the dog not to feel discomfort during the procedure of putting on an accessory. So from the model, in which it will have to "cram", it is better to immediately refuse.
- Recall that a harness with a tight fit tothe body of the dog is the best, but it should not be squeezed or constrained at all. And to check whether the size of the product is correctly chosen: it is only necessary to put a palm between the trunk and the animal, and if it enters safely, it means that everything is in order. Also, if the harness is too loose and sagging, you need to adjust it to avoid injury.
- It should be ensured that the belts in the upper partproducts converged with the width of the back of the dog, would not be narrowed, or they can crash into the body, and will cause painful sensations such a harness for the dog. The pattern must match the parameters.
- At home you need to remove the harness, and on the street there is no point in constantly wearing it.
- It is important to combine the harness with the collar, especially dogs that regularly attend exhibitions. Otherwise in the ring your friend will experience discomfort in the collar, because the harness will have to be removed there.
How to properly measure with a dog
To ideally remove the measurements from the dog, you will need a tailor's meter. Observe the measurement rules.
- The defining measure is the length of the back from the place where the withers begin, to the place where the base of the tail is.
- The neck should be wrapped around the collar.
- The chest circumference should be measured at the widest point, behind the front paws, adding 2 cm to the resulting figure for a free fit.
A harness for dogs, made by hand, does not require a lot of expenses, you will only need:
- The material you selected.
- The material is on the lining.
- Soft braid.
- Rings for fasteners.
Determine about the material for sewing the harness (for a harness for large dogs you need to use a more durable material), whether it's leather, nylon, imitation leather or something else.
1. Measuring your dog the way it was previously indicated (under the paws in the chest area) we build a pattern with allowance for the seams. If it is nylon - add 2 cm to the seams, if the imitation leather or leather - about 5 mm on the seams.
2. For this pattern we make a lining of soft material and we spread it along the inner side of the future harness.
3. We cut out the whole product and sew the soft tape around the entire perimeter. Outside the webbing we spend, and in the back area we fix the fastening rings. You can also make straps with rings to adjust the length, if the dog continues to grow.
4. Think about the finish on your own. Designed for decorative miniature dogs, harnesses are often trimmed with multi-colored rhinestones, stones, fabric labels, bows, etc.
If the sewing of the harness did not take place, do notupset, the first time a little from anyone everything is fine. You can remake the product or sew again, and if the lesson seems too difficult, you can order it in the workshop.
Weighting agents for loops
A harness with goods for dogs is only needed forlarge and strong animals, for example, fighting or service animals. The accessory is recommended in case of an acute shortage of the rock loads, to restore the lack of muscle mass. Such a thing ideally trains endurance in medium and large animals.
However, a harness for dogs with weighting agents for animals under the age of one year is not sewn, because the backbone of them is still in the process of formation. Otherwise, you can seriously harm the dog, and not get a benefit.
In general, for some breeds are very usefulStrengthened power loads: pit bulls and Stafford, pit bull terriers and rottweilers, sheep dogs, etc. For such powerful animals, and invented different ways of strength training. It is proved by veterinarians and researchers that a harness with weighting is simply necessary for dogs that are deprived for some reason of physical exertion. And this kind of accessory with a load dragged by dogs after itself should be used by the owners who want to see their dog healthy and strong. Walking and training with a cargo harness help to quickly gain weight, correct the deflections of the back and strengthen the hock joint.
When it is possible to apply ammunition with weighting agents
The time when you can put on a harness with weighting,depends primarily on the breed of the pet and the nature of the training. One cargo is advised from year to year, another - from one and a half, the third - not earlier than two years. Therefore, before buying this harness and starting to use it, it is necessary for the owner to consult with an experienced trainer or at least with a veterinarian, and then clearly follow all recommendations received.
And most importantly, a harness for dogs with their own handsthe load must be made by knowledgeable people, because it should take into account a huge number of nuances, and if you miss something, do not take into account, then from one wrong step, the health of your pet will suffer. It is necessary to manage the weight of the cargo very carefully and competently. A harness for dogs requires an exceptionally tailored tailoring, just under your dog, to avoid big problems in the future. From self-tailoring such a thing with a little experience is better to give up.