A sofa without armrests and backrest - what is it? Ottoman
Classic ottoman - what is it? She came to us from eastern countries, she has the appearance of a small soft sofa without armrests and backrest. For support are used in a variety of form pillows and rollers. Today, an ottoman means a wide ottoman, and a soft pouf, and a narrow bench on carved legs.
Ottoman - what is it?
It is a mistake to believe that the Ottomans are irrelevant and long gone out of fashion. Modern designers complement this unusual piece of furniture interiors bedrooms, living rooms, classrooms and children's rooms.
Many manufacturers include ottomans in the classic or modern styles in the range of their collections. Characteristic features of an ottoman are the absence of a back, rollers and pillows instead of sidewalls, carved curved legs.
The purpose of a small elegant stool changes from need and mood.Often the ottomans are located near the foot of the bed, complete the set of upholstered furniture in the living room, are used in the hallways or on the terrace.
Application of ottomans:
- Stand under the extended legs. It is not always possible to comfortably sit on your favorite couch. A relaxed ottoman helps to relax and rest after a busy day.
- Coffee or coffee table. A beautiful tray or light removable "tabletop" will turn a small ottoman into a serving table.
- Extra seating. Some small-sized models are equipped with wheels, move under the table and get if necessary.
- Storage space. In the ottoman equipped with a hinged lid, toys, magazines, disks and other trifles are removed.
Bright upholstery, original print, unusual shape or elegant carved legs turn an ottoman into an art object that adorns the room. A variety of style decisions makes it appropriate to use this versatile piece of furniture in any interior. As an additional element to upholstered furniture, ottomans are available in round and oval, square and rectangular or unusual curved shapes.
Corner sofas in the interior
A beautiful comfortable sofa is central to the living room. Properly selected furniture creates a feeling of coziness and comfort in the room, having a pleasant conversation. Today, corner models with a lot of advantages are very popular:
- Visually increase the free space of a small room without cluttering the room.
- Have more seats than regular straight models.
- A good choice: a variety of shapes and configurations satisfy any consumer request.
- Provide comfortable communication: having settled in half a turn to each other to talk more pleasantly and more conveniently.
- Basic models are complemented by many different functions and configurations.
Equipped with a folding mechanism, the corner sofa is often used as a main bed in teenage rooms or for guests. Choosing such a model, it is necessary to determine the size, additional options, material for filling and upholstery, as well as the color of the product. Today, in almost all corner sofas, the side sections are equipped with lifts, forming a roomy storage space for bed linen orseasonal things.
Sofa with an angular ottoman
What it is? The main differences of the corner model from the sofa with ottoman:
- The presence of the armrest or back along the side section of the corner sofa.
- Models with an ottoman are usually modular, that is, the side section is attached both on the right and on the left. The armrest or backrest of the corner sofa does not allow or significantly complicates the configuration change.
- The sofa section is made with a similar width and small length, allowing you to just sit comfortably. An ottoman is a little narrower than a sofa, and can be of any length. On the couch with an ottoman, you can comfortably sleep with a book or laptop, watch TV in the living room, stretching your legs, without disturbing anyone.
- Angular models with an ottoman are used in interiors with different styles to delimit the space: in studios, spacious living rooms, billiard halls and other rooms.
Looking through the catalogs of designers, one can understand that an ottoman is such an element of the interior that can be used as a soft sofa, small-sized bench or a comfortable couch.