Blepharoplasty eyelids - all the necessary information on this procedure
Blepharoplasty of the eyelids is a procedure that allows you to remove fat deposits under the skin around the eyes, change their incision, as well as the shape of the eyelids. This is a radical method of dealing with the signs of aging, so doctors recommend resorting to it only if there are special indications.
This operation is aimed at solving various skin problems in the area around the eyes and only a plastic surgeon can determine the need for the procedure. Basic information about how the procedure proceeds, what effect you should expect from it, to whom it is shown and about many other things is told on the website Plastich.kom.
What is blepharoplasty and how does it proceed?
Surgery removes excess fatty tissue under the skin in the area around the eyes. Blepharoplasty also implies the correction of the shape of the eye, upper and lower eyelids.
The technique involves making incisions in the natural folds of the skin, which allows you to hide postoperative scars or not leave them at all.
Blepharoplasty is the common name for a set of procedures that includes:
Surgical intervention proceeds under general anesthesia and lasts up to 3-4 hours. The rehabilitation period takes no more than two weeks. In the next two months, the patient will have to adhere to certain restrictions.
The duration of the rehabilitation period depends on the physiological characteristics of the patient. With a healthy metabolism and the absence of complications during the operation, the full recovery occurs within 2-3 weeks.
The next two months should adhere to some restrictions, namely:
- abandon long-term work at the computer, watching TV and other screens;
- avoid eyestrain, reading in the dark;
- eliminate physical exertion;
- avoid contact of eyes with tap water, wash only with distilled water,it is permissible to use an artificial tear (this item must be observed only the first 2 weeks after the operation);
- refuse to visit pools, saunas, baths, beaches and tanning beds.
If all the above rules are observed, the rehabilitation period will be faster and painless.
Indications and contraindications
The main indications for blepharoplasty are:
- sagging eyelids;
- the deposition of excess fatty tissue in the area around the eyes;
- desire to change the shape or shape of the eyes.
Blepharoplasty cannot be performed with:
- intracranial / intraocular pressure;
- acute conjunctivitis and other eye diseases;
- endocrine disorders.
Blepharoplasty century in various cities of Russia
The price of the procedure may vary by region. The cost is determined by the prestige of the surgeon, the fame of the clinic, its setting. Below are the approximate prices in some cities and regions of Russia, as well as the clinics where you can go through the procedure:
- SPb- in St. Petersburg, blepharoplasty is performed by the All-Russian Center for Emergency and Radiation Medicine named after A. M. Nikiforov of the EMERCOM of Russia.Prices for all types of blepharoplasty vary between 40-60 thousand rubles;
- Abakan- In this city, Rafael Karpovich Topoev, who registered his activity as an individual entrepreneur in 2003, received fame. It is noteworthy that he did not indicate the type of his activity. As for his reputation, very little is known here. On forums, you can find various information about this specialist, which makes it difficult to make a certain conclusion;
- Chelyabinsk- in this city blepharoplasty is performed by the Center for Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery PLASTES. The price for various types of procedures is 20-50 000 rubles. The clinic also holds promotions and discounts;
- Permian- Medlife health clinics. The cost starts from 21 000 rubles. The exact price is determined after consulting a doctor;
- Ekaterinburg- Center for cosmetic and plastic surgery. S.V. Nudelman. The cost of procedures in this center starts from 18 and reaches 25 thousand.
Before and after pictures, reviews
Elena, 52 years old, Moscow:“For the last 10 years I have been tormented by a problem with bags under my eyes. At first I thought that the problem was puffiness, but then it became clear that these were age changes.
After much thought, she decided to have an operation.All healed a little painful, but the result was worth it. When she recovered, she looked 10-15 years old. At least that's what people say. ”
Svetlana, 48 years old, Krasnodar:“I decided to undergo an operation on the recommendation of my cosmetologist, whom I have been visiting for 8 years. She helped me to fight wrinkles to the last, did creams and massages. It acted on the whole skin, the oval of the face remained good, there were no mimic wrinkles, but with the centuries nothing could be done about it. I only removed the upper ones, did well, recovered in about a month. But all this period, terribly wanted to rub his eyes, the tension was very strong. "
After studying the information from this article, the reader should get a rough idea of the procedure, as well as how it proceeds and what should be expected from it. When choosing a quality clinic and a competent medical specialist, you can count on positive results, although the patient will be required to follow certain measures.