Drops "Tafen Nazal": reviews and instructions for use
and of other origin, people are increasingly being tortured; this may include both seasonal factors, for example, flowering of plants, and the reaction to house dust or an allergy to animal hair. Regardless of the causes, all rhinitis is accompanied by a large number of unpleasant symptoms, including a bad cold, swelling of the mucous membranes, frequent sneezing, and itching in the nasal passages. In addition, some forms are accompanied by additional very unpleasant symptoms, including headaches, general depression, increased irritability, lacrimation, and in some cases, the manifestation of allergic conjunctivitis. Greater popularity in the fight against these unpleasant diseases is gaining such a drug as the nodal spray "Tafen Nazal", which is produced in Slovenia. The spray will also be useful in the treatment of nasal polyps.
By itself, the drug has a local effect and is a metered spray in the form of a white suspension in a dark brown vial with a special nozzle. Of course, any medication from the group of nasal sprays does not so much cure the disease as it helps to stop the manifestation of unpleasant symptoms and slightly reduce the effect of the disease on the patient’s normal rhythm of life. So is "Tafen Nazal."
Reviews of the drug can be found different, among them both positive and negative. It is caused by the individual perception of each organism, as well as the understanding that the drug is not a 100% panacea and has a local effect that is not able to completely overcome the disease.
Pharmacological features of the drug
The drug "Tafen Nazal" is a local glucocorticoid. The main active component of the spray is budesonide (a substance that can also be used independently in the treatment of bronchial asthma and chronic obstruction of the lungs, has a large number of reviews, and the application should be monitored by the attending physician because it has a number of side effects), its content in a single dose is 50 mg. .
Main results from the use of active ingredients of the drug
Budesonide, both by itself and as part of the spray "Tafen Nazal" (reviews of doctors confirm this), gives such significant results as:
- reduces inflammatory processes;
- reduces the severity of allergic reactions;
- suppresses mediators that cause negative reactions in the respiratory tract;
- increases the production of anti-inflammatory elements;
- removes toxic substances leading to inflammation;
- limits the influx of leukocytes to the site of infection;
- blocks the synthesis of histamine;
- increases the production of beta-adrenergic receptors in smooth muscles;
- reduces the severity of allergy symptoms;
- suppresses allergic reactions in both the early and late stages;
- relieves inflammation in the upper part of the respiratory tract.
As additional substances spray "Tafen Nazal", reviews of which are varied, contains such elements as:
- purified water;
- methyl para-hydroxybenzoic acid ester;
- propyl hydroxybenzonate;
- polyoxystyrene - polysorbate 80;
- simethicone emulsion;
- sodium carboxymethylcellulose;
- propylene glycol;
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid disodium salt (EDTA);
- hydrochloric acid.
The drug "Tafen Nasal", reviews of physicians confirm this, helps suppress allergic reactions in the upper respiratory tract and alleviate the general condition of the patient already for 2-3 days of use, while to achieve maximum effect in prophylactic doses, the spray should be used for a long period of time.
The spray is used by adults and children over 6 years old, with enhanced treatment, the permissible dosage is 2 doses in each nostril 2 times a day (the dose should be understood as one injection through a special nozzle, which is equipped with a spray tube), and for prevention - 1 injection into nostril also 2 times a day or 2 injections, but once a day in the morning.
As shown by the reviews about the drug "Tafen Nazal" reviews for children under 6 years of age, its use is unacceptable (this is reflected in the instructions).
If the instructions attached to "Tafen Nazal" are observed, the feedback from experienced doctors suggests that a single case of overdose will not cause any symptoms to the patient.
In the event of an acute overdose, side effects may occur.And because of the high blood levels of corticosteroids, symptoms of hypercortisolism often occur, expressed in the general disease state of the body. Since the drug is designed for long-term use, up to 3 months, cases of acute overdose can occur only with a systematic conscious increase in the dosage of the drug, which is strictly prohibited, because the maximum safe daily dose of budesonide should not exceed 400 mg.
Side effect of the drug
If you use drops "Tafen Nasal" (reviews of physicians and patients who have been using the drug for a long time, this is confirmed) with violation of the accompanying instructions, negative reactions of varying severity may occur in all systems of the human body.
The main manifestations of the side effects of the drug are:
- irritation and dryness of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract;
- decrease in function of sense of smell;
- coughing and sneezing;
- the occurrence of bleeding from the nasal passages;
- heart rate change;
- skin rash, dermatitis, in some cases urticaria;
- tendency to increased fatigue;
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Spray "Tafen Nazal" during pregnancy (medical reviews confirm this) is not recommended for use, as well as other drugs containing budesonide. It can only be used if its benefit to the mother greatly exceeds the possible harm to the fetus.
In the process of using the drug, it is recommended to take special care of contraception in order to avoid pregnancy, if pregnancy has nevertheless occurred, it is impossible to abandon the treatment abruptly, it should be gradually abandoned as agreed other GCS drugs in this case may adversely affect the work of the adrenal glands.
If “Tafen Nazal” is prescribed to a nursing mother, then breastfeeding should be stopped, budesonide can penetrate with milk to the baby, which is undesirable.
Newborn babies, whose mothers used the drug "Tafen Nazal" during pregnancy, must be observed at the doctor regarding the possible effect of the drug on the adrenal function.
The use of spray "Tafen Nazal": instructions, reviews
To get the proper effect from the use of the drug, you must clearly adhere to the following instructions:
- nasal sinuses should be thoroughly cleaned prior to the introduction of the suspension;
- before use, the cap is removed from the bottle, the liquid is shaken;
- to perform the injection, you need to press on a special nozzle, with the head recommended to tilt a little forward and the adapter to direct to the outer wall of the nostrils;
- After application, you must carefully wipe the nozzle on the bottle and be sure to wear a cap, this will protect it from bacteria and dust.
Features of the drug
Before using other drugs in parallel with the spray "Tafen Nazal", you should carefully familiarize yourself with the features of their interaction in order not to get undesirable consequences.
The interaction of spray and other drugs can be expressed as follows:
- the effect of Tafen Nasal is significantly reduced, while the use of medicines containing rifampicin, phenytoin or phenobarbital;
- in the case of the use of "methandrostenolone","Ketoconazole" or drugs with estrogen spray effect will increase, and the use of beta2-adrenergic drugs can lead to an increase in drug absorption;
- drugs with troleandomycin and cyclosporine increase the concentration of the active ingredient of the drug "Tafen Nazal."
Any of these interactions must be approved by the attending physician, because you can either not get the proper effect from the drug, or in the worst case, provoke side effects.
Also, the drug has a peculiarity to prevent the healing of wounds due to the active ingredients contained in it. Thus, use is not possible in the case of a recent surgery or injury to the nasal tract.
If it became necessary to use "Tafen Nazal" (price, reviews confirm this, it is quite acceptable and is about 400 rubles), you can buy it strictly by prescription. Before use, be sure to consult with a competent doctor, as well as with the constant need to use the drug 2 times a year to undergo examination and diagnosis of the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.
If for any reason the drug "Tafen Nazal" does not have the proper effect or is not suitable for use, there are no less effective means, including: Avamis, Nazarel, Nasobek, Polydex, Fluticasone, "Disrinit", "Beklin", "Aldetsin", etc. The described medicines are also sprays for nasal use with a dosing nozzle, while also based on hormones, which prevents their use by pregnant and nursing mothers. For this category of patients, an alternative natural-based drug, such as Allergiz, which does not contain hazardous active substances, is well suited.