How do I enable the speakers?
A computer can be used not only as aa tool for working and surfing the Internet, but also as a multimedia center. To do this, it must be equipped with a subwoofer, amplifier or conventional speakers. After acquiring enough to include them on your computer and enjoy a quality clean sound. The main thing is to connect them correctly.
What are the columns?
Nowadays on the shelves of stores you can meet a huge selection of devices for sound output. The main ones (not counting headphones) are:
- system 2.0 - consists of two small columns with an amplifier inside one of them;
- system 2.1 - consists of two small columns (satellites) and a subwoofer (for low frequencies);
- system 5.1 - a variation from a subwoofer and four satellite speakers (to create surround sound).
There are also more advanced systems (for example, 7.1), but they are not widely available.
For laptops, compact versions are also availabledevices. To use them on a home computer is inefficient, since they usually receive power via USB, which is not enough for powerful sound.
Whatever the speakers, they usually use a standard plug (like on any headphones) to connect them. The procedure itself looks like this:
- insert the plug of the audio system into the green connector on the back or front of the computer (the connector can be labeled as headphones);
- we connect the network cable of the system (the one with the plug) to the 220-volt network;
- press the power button on the speakers (if available).
The unit is now ready to play back the soundcomputer. To check it is enough to start any player and adjust the volume in it. It should be remembered that you can (sometimes even need to) adjust the sound on the speakers themselves and in the system settings (the "Dynamics" icon in the lower right corner).
Sometimes connected to the front connectorcolumns do not work. This may mean that the panel jacks are not connected to the corresponding pins on the motherboard.