How to add music to video?
When creating a slide show of photos, a presentation or a video sequence, we often want to add music. This can be done in several ways.
Many computers have the standard MovieMaker program installed. You can add a melody to the video through it. For this:
- Open the program.
- Click "Add videos and photos" on the top panel and select the file you want to edit.
- Select "Add music" and specify the path to the melody you need. On the storyboard on the right, you will see a green ribbon added. If necessary, you can move it - to do this, simply drag it with the mouse to the frame from which you want to start playing the melody.
- Go to the tab "Tools for working with music" (at the top of the page).
- Select the rate of rise and fall of the melody: none / low / medium / high.
- The music file as well as the video itself can be divided into several segments. This may be necessary, for example, in order to create a pause in the melody by opening the sounds of the video for listening.To do this, left-click on the added music file (green bar) and move the "slider" to the desired location, right-click on the vertical line and select "split." Now you can drag one of the pieces of the music file to any place.
- Set the music volume using the corresponding button in the left corner of the window (the icon with the speaker). You can make the sounds of video and melody sound at the same time - then you need to set the "slider" in the center.
- If you need to completely silence the sound of the video so that only one added melody remains, go to the tab "Video Tools" and in the left corner of the window click on the similar icon with the speaker "Video Volume". There you can adjust the sound as it should.
- Play your movie and, if you are satisfied with everything in it, click "Save Movie", select High Definition and specify the save location.
We recommend using installed video editing software - firstly, it is more convenient, and secondly, they often have more features. On the Internet, there are not so many online video editors, as well as free ones, and even in Russian with a clear interface.However, if you have no other choice but to add music to the video online, we suggest using the service.
- To get started, you should register on the site and confirm the registration by the link in your mail.
- Then on the main page, select "Create a clip."
- Download the video from your device (for this, click "Upload files" in the upper left corner) or directly from the site (click the button on the right side of the "Download from website" window). In the first case, you, as usual, need to specify the path to the file, and in the second - insert a link to the site where the video is located. Keep in mind that you can upload only video in good quality (with a resolution of at least 700 x 400 pixels) with a duration of no more than 30 minutes.
- Click finish.
- Now go to the button "Download music" and follow these steps.
- Click "Create" at the bottom of the page.
Videos can be saved or published online.
You can also try other video editors - Moviemasher, Cellsea, Wevideo, Kaltura, JayCut.