How to align your teeth without braces, is it possible?
Is it possible to even the teeth without braces for adults? This is a frequent question. We will understand in more detail. Uneven teeth and overbite are a fairly common problem in the modern world. The reasons for this are many. Many parents from an early age children wonder what can be done to prevent the formation of abnormal bite and curvature of the teeth?
So, the most effective option to prevent the occurrence of these problems are preventive measures for the care of teeth from an early age. It is also important to monitor the absence of bad habits in children. For example, doctors are similar in opinion that the use of nipples after a year is one of the reasons for the formation of curvature of the teeth.
However, even enhanced prevention is not always possible to avoid problems with dental aesthetics. The earlier the problem of incorrect formation of the dentition is found in a child, the easier it is to solve it, because the children's jaw is only being formed, which is why it is much more susceptible to corrective measures.Also, the younger the child, the easier it is to convince him to wear corrective mechanisms.
In adults, bite correction is a more laborious process. We will understand how to align your teeth without braces.
Many people know firsthand that the most common, effective and effective way to correct dental defects is braces. Not all of them seem attractive. And this is natural. Not every adult person will want to carry in his mouth a metal device that does not add aesthetics to the appearance. How can you align your teeth without braces, interests many.
That is why modern dentistry offers alternative ways to correct abnormal bite. First of all, we note in which cases the use of these alternatives is possible:
- the curvature of the dentition is not significant;
- there are gaps between the teeth;
- the need to eliminate bad habits in children;
- bite prevention in children under 12;
Temporary and permanent contraindications
There are also a number of clear contraindications for wearing braces, such as:
- The absence of a large number of teeth.
- Some diseases of the nervous system: schizophrenia, paranoia, neurosis, psychosis. There is a risk of self-harm.
- Some immune and endocrine diseases, including diabetes. This results in thinning of the bone tissue and blood vessels, and if you install the bracketing system, it will lead to inflammation of the ligaments in the tooth hole, therefore, it will cause the crown to thin, which will cause irreversible effects of the dental system. More harm than good.
- Diseases of bone tissue.
- Some blood diseases, for example, low clotting.
- Cardiovascular diseases.
- Tuberculosis in any form.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- Oncology of any stage and species.
It is quite difficult for adults to even their teeth without braces, but what if the constructions cannot be worn?
There are also temporary contraindications. These include:
- Gum diseases such as periodontitis and periodontal disease. Braces - this is the load on the teeth. With such diseases, they will cause the process of tooth decay.
- The lack of conditions for oral hygiene and care of braces. If the recommended hygiene measures are not followed, caries develops.
- Allergies to materials used in the manufacture of braces.
- Gnashing of teeth in a dream (bruxism).
- In diseases of the temporomandibular joints, braces can cause deterioration of the jaw.
If you identify the above contraindications may use alternative methods of correction. How to align your teeth without braces - the question is not idle.
Before the patient is prescribed corrective measures, conduct an oral examination with an assessment of the condition of the teeth. After the removal of tartar and caries treatment, the possible and desired type of corrective structure is selected.
An important advantage of alternative correction devices is the possibility of hygiene and care for them at home, without constant monitoring and adjustment of the orthodontist, which is absolutely impossible and unacceptable when wearing braces. This causes the main convenience and relative advantage in price.
Is it possible to even out the front teeth without braces?
Alternative ways to adjust teeth
Consider options for adjusting dentition in adults and children.
If the defect in the dentition is small, mouthguards are used for adult patients. They are transparent caps that are put on crowns. Important: mouthguards are used only when the curvature of the teeth. If there is a bite problem, mouth guards will not help. Kappas are often used as a subsequent bite adjustment step after wearing braces.
In addition to caps, there are also designs such as:
- composite restoration;
- dental plates.
Is it possible to even the teeth without braces for children?
Above in the article, we noted that in childhood, dental defects are much easier to correct than in adulthood, when the jaw is already formed. When choosing remedial measures, they take into account the peculiarities of the development and structure of the jaw. The younger the child, the lighter and more gentle constructions are used. Such an approach is due to the fact that aggressive measures of influence on the unformed jaw area can have the opposite effect, i.e., simply harm. More complex structures are used starting from 12 years.
Children of primary school and preschool age dairy and replaceable bite are analyzed using preventive measures.
How to align your teeth without braces, everyone should know.
These measures include:
- the fight against bad habits, sucking fingers, long sucking nipples;
- gum massage during teething;
- preventive measures to control breathing, especially during SARS;
- monitoring the posture and body position of the child in a dream;
- grinding of hillocks to correct the height of the crowns;
- Special gymnastics for the facial muscles.
They have both preventive and corrective directions. Gymnastics can be used both in addition to orthodontic structures, and separately from them. The regularity of gymnastics plays a special role in their effectiveness. How to align teeth without braces for teenagers?
If, nevertheless, it becomes necessary to correct dental defects in children under 12 years of age, then orthodontists can only manage with sparing corrective measures, which we mentioned above.
- Mouth bumper installation for children under 5 years old. They are used to reduce the pressure of the muscles of the jaws on the teeth, reducing the activity of the mental muscles. In addition, they help to eliminate bad habits. In appearance they resemble a metal frame.
- Installation of stretching plates. They allow you to adjust the bite at an early stage. The plates exert pressure, causing the teeth to return to their original position. They represent a plastic surface on which a metal bow is installed. This method is used after the change of milk teeth to the root ones.
- The use of trainers. At detection of defects of speech, functions of swallowing, curvature of teeth, trainers are used. Their function serves both to correct the identified pathologies and to eliminate the causes of them. Can be used for children from 5 years.
- Many dentists assign a special role to gymnastics, because with its help they eliminate pathologies without using orthodontic appliances. In addition, it helps to reduce the time of treatment, if the designs are applied. The effectiveness of the method depends on the regularity.
How to align teeth without braces, but with the help of elastopozitsionerov?
This is perhaps the most effective means of correcting dental curvature. Vinyl-silicone systems are used for its manufacture.
To date, this design - the most effective device for the elimination of bite defects.It is used for cross-bite, when narrowing the dental arches, to consolidate the effect after correction with fixed structures, as well as for simple correction of cosmetic irregularities of the teeth. It is made of vinyl silicone. It can be used both separately and in conjunction with other corrective designs. Sharing generally reduces the duration of a corrective course. Align your teeth without braces at home becomes easier.
As with any other orthodontic elements, there are contraindications and restrictions for its use.
A very big advantage of this mechanism is the absence of the need to wear around the clock. Usually it is enough to apply only at night. In more complex cases, an additional 2-4 hours are prescribed during the daytime.
Above, we outlined the mouthguards, these are transparent caps that are made to order from the patient's dental casts. The feature of their use in regular replacement. It is the regularity of the replacement of the alignment that directly determines the effectiveness of this method of correction.
- they are hypoallergenic;
- easy to use;
The disadvantage is the high cost and fragility of fixation.
Veneers and Lumineers
They can be attributed to one of the modern types of prosthetics.
These are purely cosmetic, visual methods of correction.
They are thin plates. For the production of used porcelain and zirconium dioxide.
The scope, as we mentioned above, is limited to purely visual defects. These include:
- Crown color changes, such as dark spots on teeth. Veneers and Lumineers simply adjust the color of the crowns.
- Darkening of the teeth due to the high level of certain substances in the body (such as tetracycline).
- Thinning of teeth due to fragility.
- Chips on the teeth.
- Interdental spaces.
- Underdevelopment of teeth or the displacement of teeth, when other methods of correction are unavailable for various reasons.
It is important to note that these types of aesthetic correction are used only if the enamel is not thinned and there is no caries. This is a peculiar variation of teeth whitening. The installation procedure is absolutely painless, and these devices do not change color over time.
The lack of apparatus - increased fragility. It is explained by the fragility of the material.
How to quickly align your teeth without braces, it is important to find out in advance.
Difference of lumineers from veneers
Veneers are somewhat thicker, while lumineers have a longer service life. This is an updated and improved version of veneers. They fit closer to the teeth. Installation usually requires no more than two visits by an orthodontist. But the installation of veneers may require more time and steps. Before this teeth need to grind.
Accordingly, it is easy to guess that Lumineers are more expensive. They are able to mask a greater number and variety of flaws, they create a more perfect cosmetic effect.
But if cosmetic defects are minor, then veneers are enough.
What to do if only one tooth is twisted?
Even if there are no contraindications and a clear reluctance of the patient to wear braces, their installation is not justified.
Here the composite restoration comes to the rescue.
Composite teeth restoration is a peculiar variation of vinification together with filling. It is used for physical defects of the tooth, for example, damage, chips, scratches, uneven location. After all, in fact, the tooth is covered with a kind of plate.To perform a composite restoration almost no need for prior tooth turning. If before that the tooth was treated, there is a filling, then the filling is removed.
Here's how to align your front teeth without braces.
The duration of this method of leveling the teeth is 1-2 hours. The procedure for the composite correction of teeth is carried out in several stages. Duration and longevity of the aesthetic appearance of the tooth in the future depends on the quality of work control at all stages. For sealing using photopolymers in several layers. The composite method can be put on a par with veneers, as the filling is placed on the outside of the tooth.
The disadvantage of this method of correcting teeth is that the composite material tends to change color under the influence of coloring substances coming from food. That is why the durability is small, on average 5-10 years. It does not affect the functional properties of the tooth, but the aesthetic appearance suffers.
Consider how to align 1 tooth without braces.
A more radical method of leveling teeth in adults is the installation of crowns. It requires mandatory grinding a crooked tooth,which is unsafe for the future health of the tooth as a whole.
How to align the curve of a tooth without braces, is now clear, but how much does it all cost?
The cost of leveling teeth varies greatly depending on the methods used.
The most expensive are the aligners (170 thousand rubles). The minimum cost of retainers is 6 thousand rubles. The only thing worth considering is that the alignment procedure with their help is much longer. Veneers are cheaper (9-16 thousand rubles) than lumineers (from 40 to 80 thousand rubles).
Thus, we see that in modern medicine there is a wide variety of corrective devices that can, if not correct, then hide almost any defect. There is no need to wear them all the time.
We considered whether it is possible to even the teeth without braces.