How to apply powder?
Watch the video
Powder is a very important element in a female cosmetics bag. Thanks to it, you can quickly disguise some minor flaws or ugly greasy. But in how to apply powder, there are some women's tricks.
General rules for applying powder
- Top down. It is necessary to apply powder in this direction to make the skin silky.
- Unevenness. It is known that fat is excreted unevenly in different parts of the skin. So forehead, nose and chin are always the most fat areas. These parts of the face are called the T-zone, since they form the letter “T”. Here on these areas of the face powder should be applied in several layers, so that it is better kept and balanced greasy.
- Remove excess fat. If during the day the skin began to shine greasy, in no case do not hammer all the powder. First you need to remove excess fat by attaching toilet paper or cosmetic tissue to them. And only then adjust the makeup powder.
- Do not rub. The last subtlety of how to apply powder on the face.In no case should not be sponge in the face. Movement should be light and patting. Only in this case, the powder will lie flat and will not clog the pores.
Types of powder and features of their application
- Loose powder. This type of powder is best placed on the skin, mixes well with the foundation and is evenly distributed throughout the face. Modern friable powders come with the addition of minerals and antiseptics, which makes it not only cosmetic, but also medicinal. To understand how to properly apply powder in powder, you need to purchase a powder puff or thick brush with a soft bristle. It is these materials that allow the powder to evenly and finely crumble over the skin, leaving no traces.
- Liquid cream powder. The features of how to apply the cream powder, dictated by its consistency. The general rules remain the same: sponge gently drive powder into the skin. But now the movements will not be everywhere from top to bottom. First, we cover the cream powder in the middle of the forehead, then gently move down to the temples. From them we process the facial contour downwards. Now the cheeks and the area around the eyes. Movement should be directed from nose to ears.The area under the eyes is best treated with a soft brush, then the powder falls evenly. For a more lasting effect on top of the powder cream, a little go around the powder puff with crumbly powder.
- Compact powder. Compact powder was invented precisely in order to take it with you. Crumbly powder is very poorly suitable for transportation and can wake up with ease. But compact powder also has its drawbacks. Because of its dense structure, it badly falls on the skin, and therefore it is not recommended to treat the entire face with it. It is best to correct those areas that have acquired shine after their pre-treatment.
A good example of how to apply powder can be seen in the video - how to apply powder, below on this page.
Powder and skin types
Powder has a drying effect, and therefore it is best suited for owners of oily skin. But for those who have dry, normal or combination skin, powder can also be used, but you need to prepare it before that.
- Oily skin. The preparation of oily skin is the removal of excess fat, cleaning the skin and moisturizing it with a cream or tonic that does not contain oil.For oily skin, crumbly mineral powder applied on a colorless base is best.
- Dry skin. For dry skin, it is necessary to pre-moisturize with oily creams, and then apply a tonal foundation. It is best to use cream powder.
- Normal skin. Here you can turn around! Choose any powder: liquid, crumbly, compact. On a normal skin, any means go well.
Whatever powder you use, remember that the key to a beautiful makeup is its relevance and moderation. Be healthy, beautiful and happy!