How to catch wi-fi?
Today the question of how to catch wi-fi is becoming increasingly relevant. After all, people tend to constantly be in touch via the Internet. Well, for those who still do not know what wi-fi is, you should read the article on our site: What is wifi.
We catch wi-fi
- First of all, it is worth noting that there are two types of Wi-Fi points: private and public. Private ones are usually used at home. They make it possible to connect several computers to the Internet at once. Public Wi-Fi points are designed to provide Internet access for all those who wish. Most likely, we will catch just a public Wi-Fi.
- Public Wi-Fi, most often found in public places. For example, for cafes, restaurants and hotels - this is an opportunity to attract additional customers. Therefore, once in a public place, you can simply turn on your laptop or other portable device and check the list of wireless network connections. It can be called by clicking on the special icon, which is located in the lower right corner of the screen (next to the clock).
- If, after checking, a channel appears in the list of connections, which refers to the institution you are in, you can try to connect to it in order to access the Internet. To do this, click on the name of the channel, and then click "Connect."
- The provided channel may be password protected. In this case, you should get the password from the administrator (in a cafe, for example, a waiter or a bartender will probably help you).
- It is possible that access to public Wi-Fi may be paid. As a rule, this price is low. And after payment you get the access code to the cherished network.
You can create a wi-fi point yourself.