How to choose a 3D TV?
Nowadays, 3D technologies are developing in different directions. How to choose a TV 3D, our article will tell. The advanced positions of the market for 3D TVs are occupied by models with barrier technology, complete with special active glasses. The characteristics of 3D TVs with active and passive glasses are listed below.
Active glasses 3D TV
This is the first technology that was used in the first models of 3D TVs that went on sale. This is the most common technology to date. This technology is already well studied and has proven itself well, so no one doubts its reliable work.
In such glasses to 3D television sets, polarizing filters and liquid crystals are used as lenses. When the electronics inside the glasses energizes - the lenses become transparent, so the human eye sees the image. The principle of operation of active 3D glasses is this: alternating frames appear on the TV screen for the right eye and for the left eye. Glasses "communicate" via infrared or Bluetooth with a TV.Thus, the lenses in turn open visibility for each eye. It turns out that each individual eye sees its own picture, in fact, this is necessary for obtaining an image in volume. Since the frames in the 3D-TV are changing at high speed, then you have the impression that the image is three-dimensional.
The frequency of these glasses - 120 Hz, which means - the picture changes with a frequency of 60 Hz for each eye. In the case when you still interfere with the flickering picture, you can buy 3D-TVs that operate at a frequency of 240Hz. Of course, they are significantly more expensive. Which 3D TV is better is the one with a high refresh rate, because it means a better image. That is why modern liquid crystal (LCD) 3D-TVs have frequencies from 200 Hz. In expensive, but good models, the frequency is generally 800 Hz and more. For plasma TVs, these frequencies start at 600Hz.
Also, the technology of active 3D-glasses allows for minimal intervention in the TV itself. This is achieved due to the fact that the display does not tolerate changes, but the image is fed with great frequency. Also added a scheme for managing the points themselves.The scheme for video processing is simply obliged to withstand heavy loads, because it is rather difficult to process an HDTV signal of such a frequency. From all of the above, it’s not the small price of a TV with this technology.
Passive 3D TV glasses
Such a method for obtaining a 3D image is based on the separation of the image using polarization technology. Here, also, each eye in turn receives its own frame. The only difference is that each frame has its own light polarization, leaving the TV screen. Also, the lenses of such glasses are covered with special polarizing filters, and, accordingly, each of them is transferred to its own image, which then receives the eye.
Production of screens that have polarizing properties is a very complicated and time-consuming process, therefore, only in 2010, LG began producing televisions using this technology. And finally, in 2011, the company released its, so far, the latest version called “Cinema 3D”. You also need to pay attention to other firms using polarization technology. It is also worth noting that this system is not as widely distributed as active glasses systems.
Since ordinary glasses are used in passive 3D glasses, while liquid crystal lenses are used in active glasses, the flow of light does not decrease in passive glasses. That is why there is a good color reproduction. Also, they lack "colored spots" in the image and the image flickering. But TVs with passive technology in 3D mode do not provide the resolution of the FullHD signal (1080p quality). Today, the release of 3D-TVs on polarization technology involved firms such as Philips, LG, Toshiba.
In order to know which 3D TV is better to buy, read the information below. So, in order to view a 3D film, you need special glasses. As a rule, manufacturers bundle 3D glasses with TVs.
- Choosing a TV, you need to pay attention to the number of points bundled with a 3D TV, as a rule, it is 1 or 2 pairs. In case you want to watch movies with your family or a large company, then you need to purchase extra points. The price of the additionally acquired points, for example, for Samsung TVs, “starts” from 1,000 rubles per pair.
- And so, 3D-TVs are divided into two types according to the principle of operation: liquid crystal and plasma.LCD TVs, unlike plasma TVs, flicker and their frequency is lower. Also, in today's plasma TVs, the thickness of the transparent layer (it is located in front of the plasma cells) is much less. This allows you to cast aside the forked image.
- The "advantages" of LCD-TVs with LED backlight include:
- low energy consumption;
- a small thickness of the TV itself (LED lights are located on the side, along the matrix perimeter);
- more comfortable for the eyes and high-quality image.
- LCD backlit TVs also have one, but a significant advantage is their price. After all, they are much cheaper than LCD-TVs.
- Choosing a TV diagonal, you need to know the distance between the place from which you will watch TV and the TV screen. Experts say that the diagonal length should be about 3 times less than this distance. When the size of the room is large and many viewers are supposed, then our advice to you is to take Full HD and you will have a real home theater.
- You also need to remember that a large number of different interfaces, such as USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi and others - all the better.
- The high scanning frequency, viewing angle, contrast and brightness, as well as small response times and thickness are also indicators of a good 3D TV.
- It is worth paying attention to the possibility of Internet connection of the TV. It is implemented, most likely, through a wired network or Wi-Fi module. Having the Internet on your TV, you will be able to watch videos from various resources, for example, Youtube or free online cinema ivi.ru or zoomby.ru. Also, network support will allow you to create a local network in your home and through it watch movies on TV, listen to music, view photos from various sources that will be connected to the network, such as a desktop computer or laptop, tablet or multimedia player.
Now you know how to choose a 3D TV! Choose and remember that TV is also a good decoration for your apartment!