How to connect an active subwoofer?
Watch the video
An active subwoofer is an auto audio designation element that, in addition to its function of playing audio in the smallest sound range, can play music using an amplifier. Its distinguishing feature is that it not only completely dispenses with the audio source, but also the reproduced sound is many times stronger than that of ordinary speakers.
But, as a rule, his self-installation requires a certain sequence of actions, on which we dwell in detail. So, let's figure out how to connect an active subwoofer.
Check the availability of outputs
Installation of the subwoofer starting with the removal of the radio and check the absence or presence of outputs of the linear type.
If they are detected, it can be said that the installation will take place not only several times faster, but also the likelihood of creating an ideal interface between the subwoofer and the speakers will increase.
If there is no linear input, then you should not despair, since at least the installation process will require a little more time and effort, but connecting a subwoofer is quite realistic.
- We start with the installation of the device in the luggage compartment of the car. The trunk is the perfect place for a subwoofer.
- After that, we carry out the control cords, electrical power and power minus from the radio in the luggage compartment.
- It is recommended to use as a power minus a multicore cord of the required length with a cross section of 6 or more mm / sq.
- Further we wind one side of the cord on any bolt from those that are placed on the body. But it should be remembered that before performing this action the bolt must be cleaned of rust or traces of paint.
- After that, firmly tighten the bolt connection. Thus we create the simplest structure for connecting a subwoofer.
See the article How to set up a subwoofer for details.
- First we find or, if necessary, drill a small opening in the partition between the inside of the car and the engine compartment.
- After that, we pull the cord into the resulting opening, carry it through the entire cabin and enter the luggage compartment.
- It is worth noting that during the pulling of the cord, it is recommended to wear rubber bushes on it.
- Next, in the engine compartment, we connect the cord to the positive terminal of the battery.
- After that, using clamps made of plastic, fix the cord along the entire length.
- Do not forget, not far from the battery's power terminal, insert the fuse holder into the power cord.
- Remember that a subwoofer can only be connected using high-amplitude built-in amplifier input plugs.
- Next, connect the control cord to the subwoofer.
- We make switching of the speaker system with high amplitude plugs of the built-in amplifier.
- During this procedure, do not forget to adhere to the correct polarity.
- We carry signal and control cords directly into the luggage compartment, namely, where the pads of the built-in amplifier are attached.
The final stage of installation
- We study in detail the connection scheme in order to identify possible deviations and conduct switching events.
- After that, set the sound parameters of the device and return the radio to its rightful place.
- Next, it remains to securely fix the subwoofer in the luggage compartment in order to avoid vibrations due to loud music.