How to draw a portrait in stages with a pencil?
Watch the video
Drawing a portrait is a true art, which you won't be able to master in one day. To make the portrait successful, you will have to spend more than one sheet of paper. With due diligence and patience in the future it will be possible to please loved ones with their image on paper.
How to draw a portrait?
- Drawing a portrait starting with an oval head and markings of the main parts of the face. It is very important to draw the first contours, or rather the correct, proportional oval of the face. Strong pressure on the pencil is not necessary, suddenly the lines will not work the first time and will have to start over.
- Make the markup by drawing a horizontal, even line in the middle of the oval. Just below you will need another one parallel to the first one. At this level will be the eyes.
- From the middle of the second line, you need to hold a perpendicular to the chin.
- On the perpendicular line mark the tip of the nose approximately in the middle, draw the ears at the level of marking for the eyes.
In the portrait drawing technique with a pencil for beginners, these actions occupy an important place. They allow you to comply with all proportions and facilitate the work on facial features.
How to draw a portrait of a man with a pencil: eyes
- After the necessary sketches, you can begin to draw one of the most difficult parts - the eyes.
- Let's draw two ovals, after noting the inner and outer corner of each eye, their upper and lower borders.
- Denote the pupils. The more expressive the eyes, the more believable the portrait. To achieve similarity with a living person, you need to know that the pupils must be glare. The eye protein is not completely white, its color changes as the shadow of the eyelid drops.
- It should also be borne in mind that the shape of the eye is a sphere and, based on this, depict the eyelids.
If you want to draw a portrait of a girl in pencil, framed eyes will require long, fluffy eyelashes and thin eyebrows. They should be on the upper horizontal line.
How to draw a portrait of a man in stages: nose and mouth
- When the eyes are ready, it's time to draw a nose. The tip is ticked, on the sides we draw two arcs.
- From the right eyebrow we draw a thin line along the nose.In the image of this part of the face, the main thing is less of sharp lines, more of a game of shadow and light.The darkest zone is usually at the base of the nostrils, the tip of the nose is the light part of it.
- When drawing the lips, you must remember that the upper lip should be slightly thinner than the bottom. In the center of the upper lip as if break down. To make the mouth more voluminous, we use the darkening of the corners and contours of the lips. Make the middle of the light.
You have learned the way to learn how to draw a portrait in pencil in stages. It remains only to portray the hair, put shadows on the face, make the features more expressive, draw the neck. Extra lines should be removed.