How to draw flowers in pencil in stages?
Watch the video
Want to learn how to draw flowers? We offer you three simple techniques of drawing, we will draw flowers in pencil in stages.
As a first example, choose one of the simplest flowers - tulip.
Drawing a tulip
- Draw a quad (flower head) with a slightly curved line extending from its base (stem).
- Make first leaves in a quadrangle.
- Line-stem complement the lines-leaves.
- Now, in more detail, sketch the tulip petals, the stem and two leaves.
- Remove all auxiliary lines.
- Shade a flower with soft pencils or paint with paints, felt-tip pens.
We draw a carnation
Now let's try to draw in pencil more complex flowers - carnations.
- Smooth lines mark the location of the twigs.
- Ovals show the placement of flowers on the branches. Let the central bud be the biggest, opened, and the flowers around it will be small and still “sleeping”.
- Now start to draw the buds step by step.Remember that the petals of the carnations are small, with sharply outlined, as if jagged edges.
- Picture the stem. Remember that the leaves and sepals of the carnations have a beautiful curved shape, and their tips often twist into tight curls.
- When the main drawing is ready, erase all the draft helpers.
- Paint the flowers with pencils (colored or plain black), felt-tip pens, paints (for example, watercolor).
Draw a bouquet of roses
With a little practice, take the bar above - try to draw a bouquet of flowers in pencil in stages. Suppose it could be roses.
- Designate with simple lines the arrangement of the vase, the outline of the bouquet and (if you wish) the bow.
- Now, using straight lines with circles at the ends, draw the arrangement of roses in a vase.
- Make the contours of the vase and bow more clear (if you decide to draw it) and begin to detail the flower petals. Do not forget about the stems and leaves, thorns of roses.
- Remove all auxiliary lines and paint over the flowers or shade with a simple pencil.