How to draw graffiti step by step with a pencil?
Watch the video
Graffiti is a great way to express yourself. Traditionally, this technique uses spray paint. But before working with them, you must try to draw a graffiti with a pencil. The article will discuss how to do it.
To get started, try to beautifully draw the word "LOVE" in the style of graffiti.
- This technique is characterized by the layering of letters on top of one another and their fusion into a single composition. In our case, the letters "O" and "E" will be placed on top of others. Therefore, first draw the letter "O". It should look like a tilted oval with a small hole shifted to the left and up. Try to draw in one motion. This is very important, because this is how you will work as a spray can. And if now you can erase the wrong line, then when drawing with a spray it is excluded. Drawing graffiti even with a pencil for beginners is difficult, but with regular workouts you can succeed.
- Now draw the letter "L".The upper part of it is extended upwards, and the right edge comes slightly behind the letter “O”. Backtrack off the vowel anddraw the letter "E". It is somewhat disproportionate: the top should be larger than the bottom.
- The letter "V" is partially hidden behind "O" and "E". Draw it slightly beveled to the left, with a long tail.
- Take the black pencil and move the outline of the letters. It should be thick and uneven. Try to achieve this effect of the volume of letters. With the analysis of how to draw graffiti in stages with a pencil, we are done. We turn to the study of coloring techniques.
- Take the 3 colored pencils. Pick colors at your discretion. The main thing is that they are beautifully combined with each other. Choose one color and start shading the left side of the consonant letters. It is very important to do it right. All strokes should be parallel to the bottom edge of the paper. When putting them, do not press hard on the pencil. If you want the color to be richer, just apply another row. Avoid the same length of strokes. And the main rule: one stroke - one movement.
- Take the second color and fill it with the remaining space of consonant letters, and also partially shade the vowels. In each letter, leave a small white area. Your strokes will be slightly layered on the strokes of the first color.There is nothing terrible about it, this is how a feeling of unity of colors is achieved.
- Stroke the vowel space in a third color and add a few consonant strokes. As you can see, learning how to draw a graffiti with a pencil is quite realistic if you analyze the whole process in stages.