How to extend the life of the refrigerator for 5 - 7 years?
When purchasing a new refrigeration unit, each customer receives a standard use manual as standard. It often describes common problems and solutions, and publishes detailed information about the device and its functions. The manual also provides basicrules of operation of the refrigeratorHowever, far from many read and even more do them. Meanwhile, these simple recommendations allow you to avoid many breakdowns and significantly extend the working life of the unit.
Rules of operation of the refrigerator
Askedhow to extend the life of the refrigerator, we begin with the elementary - the basic rules of its installation. When purchasing a new unit and installing it at home, you just need to comply with the following requirements:
- put the device on a perfectly flat surface. Many consumers ignore these rules, believing that the use of the building level is an unnecessary overkill.Meanwhile, even the slightest unevenness of the floor can cause the refrigerator to vibrate while the compressor is running. It, in turn, leads to noisy work, and to the gradual deterioration of motor mounts, and other troubles;
- choose a place for installation as far as possible from radiators, gas or electric stoves, other heat sources. Otherwise, the unit will be constantly subjected to increased loads, often turn on and off, which will reduce its service life;
- Do not place the refrigerator close to the wall or kitchen furniture. The principle of operation of the device is based on the constant diversion of heat to the outside through a condenser. In the absence of normal air circulation, again there will be an increased load on the motor-compressor, which over time will simply burn out due to overheating;
- Do not install the unit in unheated rooms. If you can not do without it, you need to take all possible measures to insulate the device. Some modern models of refrigerators generally refuse to work if the air temperature in the kitchen or hallway drops below +8 degrees.This will adversely affect the storage quality of your products;
- It is imperative to use a grounded outlet for connection, which will help minimize any malfunctions in the operation of the refrigeration unit.
Timely service to extend the life of the refrigerator
How to use the refrigerator, to eliminate its breakdown in the next 10-15 years? In addition to proper installation, you should also arrange for its proper maintenance. Devices used as early as the USSR needed to be defrosted at least once a week in order to remove a layer of ice on the back and side walls.
Modern units do not require such frequent service. It is enough to carry out their thawing at least 1 time during the year. This also applies to models with the new-fashioned No Frost system - defrosting will allow, firstly, to remove all excess moisture, and secondly, to get rid of unpleasant odors.
In the process of maintenance in any case, do not try to cleave the ice with any sharp objects. It is unlikely that such an approach will allow you to win a lot of time, but damage to the system, freon leakage and quite a predictable unit failure are guaranteed.It is better to wait until the snow and ice melt themselves.
The immediate measures to service the device also include the timely elimination of even the smallest problems. Are you sure that a damaged rubber door seal will not affect the performance of the unit? They are forced to disappoint you, because cold air rapidly disappears through the cracks, and heat leaks into the chamber. Therefore, the motor-compressor starts up more often and wears out faster.
Unfortunately, there are cases when even careful operation will not save your refrigerator from breakage. You will need to repair the refrigerator in the service center if it has defective parts or it has undergone normal wear and tear from long years of service. In most cases, the repair is inexpensive, so there is no need to buy a new unit.
What can not be stored in the refrigerator
What can andwhat can not be stored in the refrigerator? We will not provide any lists as an answer to this question. We only mention that all liquid food products need to be stored exclusively in a sealed container.It is also necessary to wrap fruits and vegetables in a special vacuum film.
All this will not only help to preserve the freshness of food longer, but also reduce the amount of moisture in the freezer or refrigerator. And after all, it is often the cause of rust on metal parts, their rapid failure and costly repairs.
You can also advise to correctly arrange the pots and pans, leaving a small distance between them. This approach does not affect the duration of the unit, but saves the user from unnecessary noise caused by the vibration of the dishes.
What temperature should be in the fridge
Modern models of devices make it possible to regulate the temperature in the chambers in a very wide range - from 6 to 25 degrees below zero. But not always the use of extreme values is a good choice.What should be the temperature in the refrigerator? Most often it depends on the characteristics of those foods that you intend to preserve. However, the best option - about -18 in the freezer and around zero - in the refrigerator.These parameters make it possible, firstly, to preserve the freshness of food for a long time and not to overfreeze it, and secondly, to exclude a strong increase in the load on the motor-compressor.
All the above rules really help to extend the life of any refrigeration unit. The main thing is that they become habit.