How to learn to sew?
Watch the video
First of all, the sewing process is creative, and it requires a supply of inspiration. In addition, the future seamstress is good to have such qualities as accuracy, perseverance, attentiveness. You will need to be patient - after all, at first you may be haunted by constant mistakes in sewing. But you don’t need to give up, soon you will master the technique perfectly - it will be easier to sew.
If you do not know how to learn to sew, then first you will need to purchase the necessary equipment. The set of novice seamstresses includes:
- scissors; They must be of high quality in order to cut fabrics of different density. Such scissors are intended only for fabric, and for other materials have on hand stationery with which you can cut threads or cut patterns.
- tool to unzip seams; Choose the most convenient for you.
- flexible ruler, metal, 50 cm long;
- "Centimeter" - a measuring tape for taking measurements, it is better to take a cloth;
- chalk tailoring; Do not take the one that contains wax, as it is difficult to wash.You can use a piece of soap.
- flat head pins;
- Flizelin - seal (need a different density).
Threads and needles
By the choice of threads should be approached carefully. Old do not use! Polyester optimal: strong, reliable, elastic material. If you choose a thread for colored fabric, take the sample with you to the store. Wrap a little from the reel and attach to the fabric. Choose the thread and fabric of the same colors.
For the first time you will have enough of a standard set - black, white, gray threads and specific colors for the clothes you want to sew. In general, a seamstress does not have too many threads.
Needles are also selected carefully. For hand sewing, it is better to immediately purchase a set of high-quality needles of various sizes. For sewing on a typewriter you will need:
- universal needle;
- needle to work with a stretch;
- needle for coarse fabrics;
- needle for working with leather goods;
- needle for knitwear;
- double and triple needles.
Step by step preparation for sewing
The sewing process is preceded by preparation for it:
- selection of a model for your figure;
- taking measurements;
- building patterns;
- decoupling (washing, ironing to avoid subsequent shrinkage);
- preparation for fitting and fitting;
- Evaluation (necessary adjustments, corrections);
How to take measurements
If you are sewing clothes for someone, you need to take measurements. Believing that it is simple, you are mistaken - there are rules here which you should follow.
When taking measurements, the natural posture is not stressful. At the same time, the man must stand with his back straight. Taking measurements is better several times for accuracy. The centimeter should not be too tight or too loose.
On the waist tie a rubber band or ribbon - it will be a kind of guide. It measures OT (waist circumference). On the most prominent parts of the shoulder blades and chest, measure the exhaust gas (chest girth). To determine the OB (girth of the thighs) it is convenient to take a piece of paper and wrap around the hips - this paper measures the value through the most prominent points of the buttocks and thighs. Paper gives the necessary increase on the protrusion of the abdomen.
The neck is measured at the base - as if there was a chain. The length of the shoulder is measured from the base of the neck to the extreme point of the shoulder. OP (shoulder girth) is measured at the widest point. Arm length is measured with a slightly bent arm from the extreme point of the shoulder to the wrist.
The length of the back to the waist is measured from a point at the very base of the neck. The length of the front to the waist - from the base of the neck through the most prominent part of the chest to the waist. There is such a measure, as the height of the side. It is useful for calculating the depth of the armhole. Measured from the estimated start of the armhole to the waist.
Take all measurements carefully, carefully.
Who will teach to sew
You can learn the process of sewing clothes on special courses or on your own - it’s not at all difficult. For example, refer to Ekaterina Kucherova - she easily and clearly explains the process of sewing a variety of models, including cutting and other steps.