How to make an owl out of rubber bands quickly and easily
The number of fans of this type of creativity, as weaving of rubber bands, is constantly growing. And for good reason.
Gum weaving - contemporary art
This is an extremely exciting activity, after which you get unique decorations and interesting accessories.
So, before you start weaving from rubber bands, you should get these elastic bands themselves, as well as auxiliary tools: a slingshot, a machine tool, or both. The number of rubber bands, and accordingly the size of the set, choose to fit your needs, assessing your enthusiasm correctly.
Decide what exactly you want to weave, and find a suitable pattern.
Below is a detailed description of how to make an owl out of rubber bands. Subsequently, such a small owl figure you can use as a key chain, toy, brooch or hairpin, hooked it to the base.
Children play with small figures with pleasure. Many of them will be interested in this type of creativity and will begin to develop their skills in needlework.
Materials required for weaving
So, to understand how to weave an owl out of rubber bands, you should follow the recommendations below and also prepare the following materials and tools:
- 44 blue (or blue) elastics;
- 8 whites;
- 4 yellow;
- 2 black elastic bands;
- slingshot (if it is not available, use two smooth sticks or pencils);
You can use any other colors that you like.
Weaving a rubber owl step by step
Let us consider in more detail how to make an owl out of rubber bands.
- Put on the blue gum on the right column and make 3 turns.
- Tension two blue elastic bands on both pillars and throw off the formed loops on them.
- On the right side perekinte gum on the left.
- Yellow rubber scroll four times on the right column.
- Stretch two blue elastic bands and throw off yellow loops on them. As well as all the blue gum on the left side.
- Put on a pair of blue rubber bands and throw off previous ones on them.
- Repeat the procedure again, and then flip the rubber from the left column to the right.
- Throw the very first three loops on the left column.
- Put on two white rubber bands on two columns. Remove the loop from the left column.
- Throw a pair of white rubber bands and throw off the existing white loops on them.
- Repeat this action a couple more times.
- Transfer the loops from left to right.
- Slip the previous three blue loops (they are directly in front of the white elastics) on the left column.
- On the next two blue gum skinte loops from the left column.
- Flip the gum from the left column to the right.
- Make four turns with a yellow rubber band on the left column.
- Put on another pair of blue rubber bands and throw off the yellow loops and four loops from the right blue column on them.
- Tension two blue gum and throw off two loops on both sides. Repeat the procedure again.
- On the next pair of blue rubber bands, discard all the available loops.
- It remains to weave the head of an owl. Put on two blue elastic bands and throw off loops on them.
- Do it again, and then flip the loops from left to right.
- Stretch the black rubber band on the left column by scrolling four turns.
- Take off the black loops on the two blue gum. Then throw off the loop with the right column.
- Braid another row and flip the loops from left to right.
- In the first loop with which the head begins, pass the hook and stretch the two yellow elastic bands, putting both ends on the hook.Put the loops on the left column.
- Discard yellow loops on two blue elastic bands. Flip blue loops from left to right.
- In the loop through which the yellow gum was pulled, stretch the two blue ones and fix it on the left column.
- Stretch a pair of blue rubber bands on the posts and throw off the loops on the left and then the upper ones on the right.
- Make a second black eye, now on the right column.
- On the two blue gum skinte black loops.
- The bottom four loops from the right column throw off in the middle.
- Braid some more.
- Throw one blue gum and throw off all the loops. Tighten the loop and remove the owl from the slingshot.
That turned out to be an owl made of rubber bands on a slingshot. There is nothing difficult, but you need to acquire patience and be careful not to miscalculate with the loops.
Practice, and you get a great owl from the gum. The scheme is simple and designed for beginners. You can use the resulting figure as a key fob. Now you know how to make an owl out of rubber bands easily and quickly.
And here is another interesting scheme for weaving an owl from rubber bands.
The benefits of weaving rubber bands
Later, having filled your hand and performing movements automatically, you can ask how to make an owl from rubber bands on a machine. This is a more time-consuming task, but no less interesting.
From the gum you can weave a lot of interesting things for every taste. How to make an owl out of gum you already know. You can also teach children to weave, they will be able to create their own mini-toys and various decorations. Girls probably will like this idea.
In addition, such an exercise develops manual dexterity and creative imagination. So braid with joy, and you will definitely get everything.