How to make salt dough for modeling - step by step recipes
Dough for a molding - the weight reminding plasticine, but softer, does not stick, does not soil, without a strong smell and does not cause an allergy. How to sculpt at home? The best homemade dough is obtained from salt, flour and cold water.
Work with plastic mass is incredibly exciting and useful in terms of the development of fine motor skills. This contributes to the activation of the points of the brain responsible for the coordination of movements, subject actions and speech. And this is not all the advantages of dough for modeling, it is:
- Increases perseverance.
- Develops logic and creative thinking.
- Improves concentration and perception.
- Develops the ability to work with small objects and helps in mastering the subtleties of manipulation.
To make a useful mass under the power of each mother, because the technique is not much different from making dough for dumplings. In the article I will review the most popular recipes. I'll start with the classics, and later switch to more complex options.
The classic recipe for salt dough for modeling
I offer a classic recipe for salt dough for modeling, involving the use of the simplest ingredients present in each kitchen. It is incredibly popular among experienced craftsmen, people with little experience and novices.
- Flour - 300 g
- Salt - 300 g
- Water - 200 ml.
- Add salt to a deep container, add some water. I advise you not to use all the liquid at once, because in each individual case the humidity of the flour is different.
- After the salt has dissolved, add the sifted flour. First knead in the bowl. After the formation of a lump, move the mass on the working surface and complete the process. To increase plasticity, gradually add water.
- Put the finished dough in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge. After two or three hours, the salt mass is ready to go.
Of these proportions is quite a lot of salt dough. If large crafts are not planned, reduce the number of ingredients by half or four. If the mass remains, store it in film in the refrigerator, as is the mass for lizun.As such, it retains the original qualities for a month.
How to make dough in 5 minutes
If crafts from salt dough turned into a family hobby, I recommend to arm yourself with a recipe, thanks to which in 5 minutes you will make another batch of elastic mass at home.
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Soda - 2 teaspoons.
- Salt - 0.3 cups.
- Vegetable oil - 1 teaspoon.
- Food coloring.
- In a small saucepan, pour in a mixture of salt, soda and flour, pour water along with vegetable oil. Place the container on a small fire and heat it up for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Add dye and mix.
- Watch for the density of the dough. If stick to the spoon, ready. Put the mass on a plate to cool. After that, carefully mash your hands.
- Store salted dough in a bag or in a food container, otherwise it will dry. If the mass is dry, do not be discouraged. Add some water and mash.
Quick salt dough has another advantage - long shelf life. Subject to compliance with all rules, the dough retains its properties for several months. With this material will not be boring.
Starchless Glycerin Recipe
Some craftsmen to make glitter handicrafts cover the surface with a layer of varnish. But such a result can be achieved without the help of paints and varnishes, because there is glycerin sold in all pharmacies.
- Boiling water - 2 cups.
- Flour - 400 g
- Glycerin - 0.5 teaspoon.
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons.
- Tartar - 2 tablespoons.
- Fine salt - 100 g
- Make a base. In a small container, combine the tartar, vegetable oil, salt and flour.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Pour the flour base, add the dye and glycerin. Boil until gaining a uniform consistency.
- Cool the resulting mixture and knead thoroughly. Add flour if necessary.
Making a dough figure without starch, you will see that it has a pleasant luster. This hack will be a wonderful gift for your mother on March 8 or a friend for her birthday.
How to make dough for sculpting without flour
The highlight of this plastic mass is the absence of flour in the composition. The technology of making salt dough for modeling is suitable for craftsmen who do not like working with white, quicksing ingredients.
- Starch - 1 cup.
- Baking soda - 2 glasses.
- Water - 0.5 cups.
- Natural food coloring.
- In a deep bowl, mix the starch with soda. While stirring the mixture, pour water in a trickle.
- Put the container with the ingredients on a small fire and cook until the ball forms.
- Spread the cooled mass on a floured surface and knead. Dough is ready.
In this test there is no flour, but it is perfect for modeling. Use this easy-to-prepare plastic material to create a variety of shapes that will demonstrate your talent to others.
What can be made from salt dough - examples of crafts
We have considered the technology of making salt dough for modeling. It's time to apply the salted material in the work. If you are a beginner, I recommend starting with the simplest figures. Over time, having gained precious experience, switch to more complex crafts.
Experienced craftsmen make various figures and compositions of salt dough. The result depends only on fantasy. In this part of the article I will give a few good examples with step-by-step instructions for making. They will help to master the basics even for children.
- To create a hat, roll a small ball and lightly stick it on one side.
- Make a sausage. When rolling one side, press down a little. Get a leg.
- It remains to collect the figure. To increase reliability, use a toothpick.
- After the dough has dried, color the mushroom as desired.
- Roll a few dozen of the same size and even balls out of dough. Put the balls on the toothpicks.
- Leave the balls in the open air for several days to dry. I advise you to turn the beads several times a day.
- From the dried balls gently remove the toothpicks. String beads on a ribbon or string. For a more beautiful item, paint the beads with markers.
- Roll the salted dough into the reservoir. Using a stencil of cardboard or mold for cookies, squeeze the figures.
- Drink for cocktails make holes in the figures. Dry the dough.
- It remains to decorate Christmas toys and thread a beautiful ribbon through the hole.
- Make a cone out of a small amount of dough.
- Roll a small ball and roll into a tortilla. Attach the fragment to the cone.
- Attach a similar element from the opposite side. Get a bud.
- Roll a few balls and make petals. Attach to the flower in a circle.
- The upper edges of the petals slightly bend back, and press the sides.
- After the dough has dried, paint the figure with a scarlet color.
- Make a large stencil of cardboard out of cardboard, for example, a cat. Roll the dough into a layer. Using a stencil, cut a large figure. Leave the dough until the morning to dry.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cat figure into fragments. Wait until dry.
- Paint markers with gouache. After drying, cover each piece with a layer of clear varnish.
Video examples of figures
As you can see, salty dough is ideal for creating simple and complex shapes and compositions. And this is only a small number of ideas. With the help of fantasy you can create a variety of toys, jewelry, souvenirs and other crafts.
In conclusion, I will share the secrets of experienced craftsmen who will make working with the material more productive, and the result more impressive.
To obtain the most plastic mass, the masters replace water with jelly, consisting of a tablespoon of starch and 0.5 cups of water. And in order to make the painted figure brighter, the paintwork is covered with a layer of nail polish or white enamel before painting.
Drying has a great influence on the durability and appearance of the result.The salt dough figures are properly dried in the air, but this is fraught with long time-consuming costs. The oven helps to solve the problem. To do it right, it is recommended:
- Include minimum temperature.
- Open the oven door.
- Put the figure in the oven before turning it on to heat up gradually.
- Remove not after turning off the oven, but after cooling.
- Gradually dry the product. On one side to take an hour with a short rest.
Practice shows that the duration of drying depends on the type of salt dough, the thickness of the product, the presence of creams and oils in the dough. The craft of the classic dough dries much faster than the figurines of the masses of complex composition.
Testoplasty is an interesting direction of needlework that is most popular among children. Liked the lesson and adults, because it is safe and not expensive. I wish you good luck in this creative activity and I hope that the masterpieces made on your own will fill your home with comfort and festive mood.