How to quickly get rid of the smell of garlic from the mouth and hands
Eating garlic is good for human health. The exceptions are persons suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Many eat garlic both fresh, dried, and pickled, after which the smell is immediately noticeable to others. Persistent odor appears due to the essential oils contained in the plant. The specific aroma firmly rests on the skin and mucous membranes, it is difficult to remove even by brushing your teeth and washing your hands.
Folk remedies against the smell of garlic in the mouth
Garlic has a specific aroma due to the presence of allicin. Bring back fresh breath at home will help one meal, consisting of products that neutralize its action. Before brushing your teeth, you need to eat certain fruits, vegetables, herbs, or spices. Hygiene procedures are recommended after meals.
They contain trace elements and acids that break down garlic compounds.Unpleasant smell will disappear if you chew the flesh:
The same properties have lemon peel, orange, mandarin.
Vegetables and greens
Potatoes cooked in any way, suppress a sharp smell. To cope with the problem under the force of spinach, greens and parsley roots. Chew them right after eating garlic.
Nuts and seasoning
To get rid of the smell of garlic, chew a walnut, pine nut or almond for 2 minutes and then spit it out. Repeat this manipulation 3 times.
If there are no nuts in the kitchen, the following spices will do: cloves, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom.
Black and green tea refresh your breath after spicy and spicy dishes, including garlic. For a lasting effect, add mint or lemon to the tea.
REMEMBER! The use of peppermint gum or menthol toothpaste will only increase the smell from the mouth.
To get rid of the smell of garlic, brush your teeth using dental floss and mouth freshener. Pay special attention to the tongue and cheeks. Microparticles of plant fibers remain on the mucous membrane.
The best remedies against the smell of garlic on the skin of hands
The aroma of garlic remains on the hands for a long time and does not disappear after washing your hands with running water.
You can solve the problem if:
- Carefully rub your hands with soap. Pay special attention to the nails, because the essential oils penetrate deep into the nail plate. Then rinse hands with lemon juice or rub with lemon peel.
- After contact with garlic, palm treat with sunflower oil.
- Rinse with dishwashing detergent and apply moisturizer.
For maximum effect, use all methods alternately.
The benefits and harm of garlic
Garlic is a valuable low-calorie food product containing a lot of vitamins and microelements. However, it should be used with caution, and not as a panacea for all diseases. Indeed, in the composition of garlic there are toxic substances.
- The greatest effect is obtained from eating raw garlic.
- Regular ingestion reduces the risk of SARS and flu.
- The plant is effective for the prevention of intestinal infections.
- Garlic beneficially affects the cartilage of the joints.
- Fibers cause dilation of blood vessels and reduce pressure.
- Garlic is recommended for men suffering from prostatitis and having problems with potency.
- Limit the use of fresh garlic should be persons suffering from gastrointestinal diseases (gastrointestinal tract).
- Use can provoke headaches, epilepsy attacks.
- It is not recommended to take garlic for pregnant and lactating women.
Excessive consumption of garlic will not improve health, but will cause an exacerbation of chronic diseases. Permissible amount of 1 - 2 cloves per day.
Drink a glass of milk or yogurt before eating garlic. Calcium contained in the product neutralizes flavor.
In the salad with fresh garlic, add parsley leaves, which will reduce the power of unpleasant smell.
Meals with garlic jam with white or gray bread and the smell from the mouth does not appear. This advice is valid only when used simultaneously.
To get rid of the unpleasant smell of garlic, you can use the special properties of some products. Fresh fruits, herbs and tea will help fight off the persistent and sharp aroma from the mouth and hands. To avoid negative health effects, use garlic with caution, following our advice and recommendations.