How to use Victoria?
The program Vittoria is designed for a wide range of users. It is used to recover information from hard drives with IDD and Sata interfaces, as well as to test them. The program allows you to deeply and comprehensively assess the status of the hard disk. In this article we will understand how to use Victoria.
Run the program
The big advantage of this utility is that it is completely free, it allows you to use it freely without bothering to register and purchase a license. At the same time, it does not lose its functionality at all and is not inferior to the famous high-priced software products. In addition, plus it is that it does not require installation, it works quickly and takes up a small amount of memory. It has a large number of modes, and therefore it surpasses all similar programs.
Now we learn how to run Victoria.
- The program needs to be downloaded and unpacked.
- ISO disc image available
- The program is launched using the BIOS.
- Insert the disc and turn on the computer.
- To get into the BIOS, you need to press the Del and F2 keys.
- Advanced Features is selected in the BIOS menu. Next, boot sequence. After that, choose to boot from CD / DVD.
- Everything is saved and exited by clicking Save and exit setup.
- If the menu is not such items, you need to look for something like that, with the word boot.
- If everything is done correctly, the computer will automatically leave BIOSVictoria.
- After starting the program for the first time, you need to press the P button. Thus, the required drive will be selected. The desired item is selected arrows up or down. While the cursor is moving, the display becomes noticeable; it means that the hard disk is ready.
- For normally working drives, two DRDY and DRSC indicators will be lit. Can also burn INX.
- The AMNF indicator may be lit in the error register, the rest should be inactive.
- Next, select the desired item with the Enter button, and the program starts searching for external controllers of hard disks on them.
- Further, in the master position, the working and present HDDs will be determined.
- Other drives will not be noticed. If everything is done correctly, a table will appear on the screen, and we will continue to figure out how to use the Victoria program.
- It will contain the name of the controller, developer of the controller, class, port address, name.You will need to select the desired drive on the plate.
Hard drive testing
The program has an excellent hard disk surface scanner. Here we learn how to check the Victoria disk. It is used to diagnose the presence of interface errors, failures and floating defects. Speed testing drives limit. It will not depend on what type of interface cable and controller.
This program uses exclusive algorithms. This is a timer adjustment, it depends on the performance capabilities of the hard drive. Standards supported by the utility are automatically recognized. This makes it possible to test both slow and fast HDDs. C program can work on Windows through virtual DOS. Accuracy at the same time practically does not decrease.
Surface testing is closely related to the drive data sheet. The program has done everything automatically that can be such, and the user does not need to make settings.
Verification (linear reading)
In addressing, LBA performs surface testing. Made for accurate and quick diagnosis. For the test, the utility splits the entire space into conditional equal sections.A measurement of the access time to all areas is made, a rectangle appears on the screen, colored in the corresponding color.
Surface testing using a random number generator. This generator gives the address of the sides. The test menu is set to a range. The speed of the drive is accurately described by the resulting test.
This algorithm reads the end and the beginning of the disk space with a shift of 1 block. From random, it differs in that it scans such a test the entire surface using a certain law. Such a scan is much slower than a linear one.
Now we will learn how to work with Victoria to check the program interface.
- In the third menu item, press F4.
- Information will be written to the memory buffer memory, after which it will be read.
- Compares the read data with the recorded.
- Measured reading time.
- If the read does not match the written, the program will report it.
- Full hard drive diagnostics takes quite a long time.
- Exit the program by "X".
- After that, the Volcov Commander opens. Exit from here by pressing F10 and yes.
- Opens DOS. Exit - Ctrl + alt + del.
- The computer will restart.
- Remove the disc from the drive.
- Boot the PC from the hard disk.
From the above, you learned how to work with the Victoria program. With it, you can find out all the technical information you need about the hard drive, restore and change the physical volume of the drive, test the buffer memory and interface, as well as manipulate the level of sound noise.