List of technically complex products. Law on technically complex products
Everyone knows that the goods purchasedinadequate quality are returned to the store. The buyer's rights are regulated by law by a fixed period during which the consumer can see a defect in the goods and make a return of this product to the seller. This period is counted from the date of purchase of the product and is 14 days. Not all people know that not all goods are subject to the right to exchange. Or for a refund. There is such a list of technically complex products that can not be exchanged. In this case, a return is not always possible, since the buyer may face a lot of difficulties.
Products that are in the law of technically complexgoods was just so approved - a special category. What does it mean? The law was adopted by the Government of the Russian Federation № 924. This type of goods are mentioned in 2 lists, so the seller can, depending on the situation, take advantage of the legal ignorance of the buyer and mislead him about his rights. In this case, the seller can refer to both one list and the other. The choice of the necessary list directly depends on the answer to the following question: "Is there a flaw in the product?" Upon answering it you can find out whether the product is technically difficult. And also whether you can refuse to purchase.
Goods included in the list of technically complex
So, more in detail. The list of technically complex products is quite extensive. Returning them often brings a lot of problems to consumers, due to their specific characteristics. The list of technically complex products includes:
- Transport, created on the basis of an electric motor or an internal combustion engine.
- Floating transport, created on the basis of an electric motor or ICE.
- Aircraft based on an electric motor or ICE.
- Equipment and machines intended for use in agriculture and made on the basis of an electric motor or ICE.
- Equipment for wireless communication and navigation for domestic needs. Their design includes, as a rule, a touch screen, with which you can perform more than two functions.
- Transport, which is designed to move through the snow and is made on the basis of an electric motor or ICE.
- Inkjet or laser devices with many functions.
- Stationary computers, processors (system blocks) and portable devices. This group also includes tablets, laptops and other personal computers.
- Monitors with digital control included.
- Sets of satellite TV.
- Projectors and televisions that have digital control.
- Game consoles with digital control.
- Optical cinema and photographic equipment, which has digital control.
- Digital video cameras and cameras.
- The following appliances: dishwashers and washing machines, air conditioners, freezers, refrigerators, coffee machines, electric cookers, water heaters with microprocessor automatics, ovens.
Old list of technically complex products
The next moment. The old list includes:
- Motor vehicles.
- Motor scooters and motorcycles.
- Yachts, boat motors and boats.
- Automatic washing machines.
- Motor-blocks, agricultural tractors.
- Freezers and refrigerators.
- Personal computers with the most important peripheral devices.
How to return
Attention! On a general basis, a technically complex product can be returned only for two weeks after purchase. You can do this only when there are any defects and shortcomings during the operation of the product. In this case, the item can be exchanged for the same or another similar model or returned to the seller.
If good quality goods without defects arefor some specific reasons, does not suit the buyer, it can not be exchanged or returned. And one more nuance. All technically complex products listed on a special list can not be exchanged or returned. This must be taken into account when buying them.
After the expiration of 15 days the process of return orexchange of low-quality goods becomes much more difficult. During the whole warranty period, you can exchange or return the goods in the following case: this item with a defect is with the organization or the seller with whom the contract was concluded, for repair. At the same time, non-compliance with the established repair deadlines was revealed.
Significant defect in the goods
Such defects are repaired by the service center orseller who performs repairs under the contract. In some cases, the buyer can repair a technically complex product with a defect at his own expense. But only on condition that the seller agrees. The buyer must provide proof of expenses. The duty of the seller, on the other hand, includes reimbursement of these expenses. In addition, repairs of goods that have a defect may also be carried out by the seller at his expense.
Moreover, the seller can lower the price of the product by mutual agreement of both parties. The amount of the discount, as a rule, is stipulated.
What are the shortcomings in the product?
The ability to use all the functions of the product,which are provided by the manufacturer, and also apply it for its own purpose, determines the materiality of its lack. If it is impossible to perform its functions, and if the defect can not be eliminated, this defect of the goods is considered to be significant. In addition, the drawback may be significant under the following conditions:
- The defect is not only manifested after the repair of the product.
- Because of the shortage, the product becomes dangerous for human life.
- Considerable time and material costs are required to eliminate this defect.
- Lack of goods reduces the useful effect of using because not all the mechanisms in it can function.
Return of goods of appropriate quality
And what to do in this case? The Law "On Protection of Consumer Rights" specifies the procedure for the return of technically complex goods of appropriate quality that do not have shortcomings. Nothing complicated. There is a certain list of products that are not covered by the general exchange rule within two weeks, if it did not fit certain criteria. For example, in shape, shape or configuration.
Goods with a defined warranty period
In addition, it is not possible to return or exchange the following items included in the list of technically complex household products for which the warranty terms have been established. It:
- Household radioelectronic devices.
- Household woodworking and metal-cutting machines.
- Household multiplying and computing equipment.
- Electric machines and household appliances.
- Cinematographic and photographic equipment.
- Electromusical instruments and instruments.
- Gas home appliances and equipment.
- Telephone sets.
- Electronic toys.
Low-quality goods can be returned or exchanged,While the warranty period established by the manufacturer is in effect. This also applies to products that can not be exchanged. If the warranty period for the goods is not established, the refund can be made within two years after the acquisition.
If after purchase anya defect in the goods, the buyer must apply to the store with a claim in writing. After its consideration and verification, one of the following decisions must be taken:
- Exchange of technically complex products with a defect for a similar product of appropriate quality.
- Revision of the price of a product with a significant defect and its reduction, as well as payment to the buyer of the difference in value.
- The seller can terminate the transaction for the purchase of a substandard product and make a full refund to the consumer.
- Exchange of goods for another quality product with cost recalculation.
- Troubleshoot the product by the seller at his expense. Repairs should be carried out in time to legislatively approved, or may be subject to penalties and fines to the seller.
About which option is preferable to choose,to decide for the consumer. In the event that the buyer wishes to exchange a certain technically complex product of inadequate quality, and the required product is not available, the store may provide it after receipt. If the seller violates the terms for the return, exchange or liquidation of defects, it can be held liable. These issues need to be taken very seriously. It's your rights and your money. Be careful.