Lymph nodes on the neck. The causes of their inflammation, treatment
The lymph nodes in the neck (cervical lymphadenitis) are inflamed for a number of reasons. Basically, the disease occurs as a result of various problems in the body. The lymph nodes in the neck hurt in the following cases.
Causes of Lymphadenitis
- infectious diseases (flu, sore throat, inflammatory processes in the respiratory organs, in the oral cavity, etc.);
- weakened immunity, when the body is unable to independently suppress even the slightest manifestations of the disease;
- inflammation of the lymph nodes as a result of the development of oncological processes directly in the lymphatic system;
- injuries and injuries - this is already the primary disease of the lymph nodes.
Lymph nodes in the neck with their inflammation manifest specific characteristic symptoms in the form of:
- increase in body temperature;
- pain in the lymph nodes (under the ear, in the submandibular region);
- seal and increase the lymph nodes;
- deterioration of the general condition, accompanied by headaches in the temples, weakness and lethargy.
Lymph nodes on the neck. Treatment of inflammation
Inflammation of the lymph nodes can cause serious consequences for the patient, so if you develop symptoms of the disease, you should immediately consult a specialist. Treatment of any disease must begin with determining the cause of its occurrence, as well as the elimination of infection. In order to relieve inflammation, the doctor most often prescribes medications such as Medrol, Prednisone, Deltason. These funds are sold in all pharmacies and sold without a special prescription. To speed up the process of recovery, the doctor almost always prescribes UHF therapy. If the inflammation continues for a long time and is accompanied by suppuration, the doctor will most likely advise the use of antibiotics. To help the surgeon resorted to suppuration of the lymph node. In this case, it is opened and cleaned. If the lymph nodes in the neck are inflamed, this indicates a violation of the immune system, so it needs to be restored. For this, along with medications, it is imperative to take multivitamins, immunostimulatory drugs, and those that contain vitamin C in high dosage.The patient is set abundant and fortified drinking regime, he needs to be in a warm room, avoid drafts and hypothermia to prevent the disease from becoming chronic.
Lymph nodes in the neck of a child and in adults it is very dangerous to treat at home, since most often folk methods aggravate the condition. It is erroneously considered that the inflamed lymph nodes must be heated by applying heating pads, heated tissue, boiled eggs or potatoes. To warm the lymph nodes in the neck is strictly prohibited! Exposure to high temperatures on the inflamed area can cause damage to healthy tissues, and the infection, together with the lymph, penetrates the body and then into the brain. Contraindicated to rubbing the lymph nodes and applying iodine reticulum. The use of tinctures and decoctions can be carried out after consulting a doctor.