"Previkoks" for dogs: instructions for use, analogues and feedback on the use of
Our pets are sick the same way as humans, so veterinary medicine is equipped with drugs for the treatment of various diseases. One of these drugs is “Previkoks” for dogs, the instruction will be discussed in detail below. It is important to study under which pathologies the drug is prescribed, whether it has contraindications and side effects.
The composition of the drug
This drug belongs to the group of anti-inflammatory nonsteroid drugs. Available in brown tablets. 24% firocoxib acts as the main active ingredient. The dosage may be different, so the tablet contains 57 mg or 227.
As auxiliary substances are used:
The mechanism of action of the drug
The drug "Previkoks" for dogs, entering the body, blocks the production of prostaglandins, which leads to a decrease in the inflammatory process.The maximum concentration of the active substance is observed an hour after taking the medicine. It binds perfectly to blood proteins and is delivered to the site of inflammation.
Neutralization of the drug occurs in the liver, then it enters the intestine and is brought out. The period of complete elimination is 8 hours.
"Previkoks" for dogs (reviews confirm this) when taken in doses prescribed by a doctor does not have a toxic effect on the body.
Indications for use
Not only people, but also our pets often suffer from various inflammatory diseases. For treatment prescribed "Previkoks" for dogs. Instructions for use states that tablets are prescribed in the following cases:
- Elimination of heat in infectious diseases.
- Reduction of the inflammatory process.
- As an anesthetic for any pathology.
- For the prevention of inflammation after surgery.
- As a symptomatic remedy in the treatment of osteoarthritis and other inflammatory diseases of the joints.
- After dental and orthopedic operations.
- "Premico" for dogs (the instruction confirms this) is a good way to reduce tumors.
The advantages of the drug over other drugs
It is very important in the treatment of many drugs to comply with the dosage, sometimes it is difficult to do, especially if the animal is small. There are difficulties with how to shove a pill to a dog. The drug "Previkoks" for dogs (reviews of the owners also testify to this) has a lot of advantages over other drugs:
- There are no problems with the dosage, it is adapted for almost all dogs weighing up to 90 kg.
- The pill must be given only once a day.
- The drug is available in the form of chewable tablets, has a pleasant taste for dogs and the aroma of meat.
- “Pre-Motox” for dogs (the instruction contains information about it) provides a quick result.
- Long-term treatment does not provoke serious side effects.
- The effect of its medicine begins to have within 15 minutes after application.
- One pill is enough to relieve pain for 24 hours.
- The improvement in the condition of the dog comes quickly.
- Higher results compared to other NSAIDs.
This tool is recommended by almost all veterinarians for the treatment of pathologies in dogs.
Scheme and duration of therapy
Despite the effectiveness and relative safety of this drug, it should be prescribed only by a doctor after examining the animal and clarifying the diagnosis.
The dosage is prescribed taking into account the weight of the dog:
- If an animal weighs from 3 to 5 kg, then per day it is necessary to give 0.5 tablets containing 57 mg of the active substance.
- With a weight of 5 to 10 kilograms, you will need 1 tablet per day.
- A dog weighing 15 kilograms should be given 1.5 tablets each.
- For pets weighing between 15 and 22 kilograms, 227 mg should be purchased. Give half a pill a day.
- Dogs weighing up to 45 kg should be given a whole pill.
- From 45 to 68 kg animals take 1.5 tablets.
- If your dog is even larger, then for effective therapy you need to give 2 tablets.
The duration of therapy for any disease is determined only by the doctor, taking into account the severity of the pathology and the general condition of the animal.
Even the most innocuous drugs have their own contraindications. No exception and "Previkoks" for dogs. Instructions for use prohibits taking medication if:
- There is an individual hypersensitivity to the drug.
- The animal has blood disorders.
- The animal feeds the cubs or carries babies.
- If the weight of the dog is less than 3 kilograms.
- In the presence of hemorrhagic syndrome.
- If there is a history of gastrointestinal disease.
- If the age of the animal has not reached 2.5 months.
- There is a renal and hepatic failure in severe.
Side effects during therapy
As a rule, the drug is well tolerated by animals, but in some cases “Previkoks” for dogs (the instruction mentions this) can provoke the following undesirable manifestations:
- Digestive Disorder.
- Irritable bowel.
- Allergic manifestations.
- In severe cases, bleeding in the digestive tract may occur.
Such phenomena can be observed if during treatment an overdose is observed or a violation of the treatment regimen is observed. After discontinuation of the drug, all symptoms quickly disappear.
Analogues of medication
In terms of cost, this drug cannot be considered cheap, but many dog owners prefer to buy it, given that it is well tolerated by animals Previxox for dogs. The instruction does not list analogues, but many note that it is possible to purchase drugs with a similar effect, but cheaper.
Analogs are different, have the same active ingredient, and in some pharmacological action is one, and the composition is different. For “Pre-Cox”, such is “Rimadyl P”, it contains carprofen as an active ingredient, but it has almost the same properties.
Before replacing the original with an analogue, it is worth discussing this issue with a veterinarian.
Precautions when working with the drug
If the doctor prescribes your animal Previcox, then some precautions must be taken:
- No smoking.
- Do not eat or drink until you wash your hands.
- If there is an increased sensitivity of the skin, then you should avoid direct contact with the medicine.
- If it so happened that the drug entered the human body, then urgently need to consult a doctor, having instructions for use.
- After using the drug packaging must be disposed of, it is forbidden to use it for other purposes.
The drug Previkoks for dogs has been studied in detail (instructions). Feedback on treatment is most often positive. Owners note that in the presence of inflammatory diseases, an improvement in the condition of the animal is observed rather quickly.
In the presence of a tumor on the joints, which limited the movement of the dog, after taking the medicine, after a few hours, the owners of the animal note that the pet is already capable of moving badly.
The owners of four-legged ones confirm the good efficacy of the drug, but they certainly warn that the dosage recommended by the doctor should be strictly observed.
We become attached to our pets as to children, so we take everything to heart and struggle to help if a disease is suddenly diagnosed and the animal suffers from pain. But do not self-medicate and use medicines intended for humans. It is better to visit a competent veterinarian and undergo an effective therapy course.