Tea tree oil for teeth whitening: reviews of dentists
Shining smile - the dream of many people. Unfortunately, genetic predisposition, bad habits, unhealthy diet - all this affects the color of tooth enamel. Of course, modern medicine offers a lot of ways to eliminate this problem. But can you fix the situation yourself? Of course, yes. Many people today recommend tea tree oil for teeth whitening. Is this remedy really so effective? The answer to this question will be interesting to many readers.
Description of the basic properties of the tool
The healing properties of this oil are known to medicine for a long time. Mining it in Australia by direct pressing of tea tree leaves. This plant has antibacterial and analgesic properties, and also strengthens the local immune defense.
Quite often, people use tea tree oil to whiten their teeth, as this can be easily and quickly done at home.Even some dentists use this product in their practice. Indeed, the correct use of the tool helps gently and quickly clean the tooth enamel from plaque.
In addition, the use of oil will solve some other problems. In particular, due to its antiseptic properties, this product destroys bacterial organisms. That is why its regular use is an excellent prevention of caries and inflammatory diseases of the gums. And you will be able to cope with such an unpleasant problem, as the smell from the mouth.
Teeth whitening with tea tree oil: description of the procedure
From the correctness of a procedure depends on its result. So how do you apply tea tree oil to whiten teeth? The layout here is pretty simple.
- First you need to thoroughly clean your teeth with the help of the usual toothpaste and rinse the mouth.
- Then apply 2-3 drops of oil on the brush and continue to brush your teeth. For a softer effect, you can use a cotton or gauze swab (instead of the brush itself). Avoid applying oil to your gums, as this can cause a minor burn.
- Rinse the mouth thoroughly with warm water until the oil taste has completely disappeared.
This procedure should be repeated every day for 1-2 weeks. If you are not satisfied with the result, you can repeat the course of bleaching, but after a break of 2-3 weeks. In order that the effect does not disappear, it is recommended to carry out the above procedure once every seven days.
Other Ways to Use the Oral Care Oil
Of course, tea tree oil for teeth whitening can be used in different ways. Not everyone fits the usual cleaning with a toothbrush, so we offer you a few more recipes to heed.
- Rinsing is a more gentle method, which, however, will help to achieve a good result. In half a glass of water at room temperature, you need to add 5 drops of essential oil, then rinse the mouth thoroughly. The procedure must be repeated once a day. The results will be noticeable after a few weeks. The liquid should not be swallowed, as this can lead to irritation of the esophagus and stomach. By the way, this procedure is an excellent prevention of tartar.
- Essential oil can be added directly to the paste. This technique is suitable for people who are too sensitive to the taste of this substance. To do this, you need to squeeze out a strip of paste of the desired length, add two or three drops of oil there, mix and use in the usual way.
- If you have too sensitive enamel, then the best option would be to apply the oil with a teaspoon of aloe vera juice. This tool is not very pleasant to the taste, but it helps to lighten and strengthen the enamel.
Some helpful tips
Remember that an excess amount of essential oil can cause burns to the mucous membranes, so you should never swallow it. By the way, the first few times you may feel a slight burning and numbness of the tongue and the inner surface of the lips. This is a completely normal effect that you will quickly get used to.
Choose only 100% essential oil without any additives, as their presence can not only affect the bleaching process, but even be dangerous (for example, cause allergies, burns, etc.). After the procedure, it is advisable not to eat for 30 minutes.
Are there any contraindications for cleaning?
Of course, tea tree essential oil for teeth whitening can not be used by all categories of people, as the procedure is still contraindicated. Fortunately, the list of restrictions is not so great.
- This remedy is not recommended for people suffering from an allergy to thyme and celery, as it contains potential allergens.
- Also, do not use oil for women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as there are no exact data on the effects on the mother and fetus.
- Experts recommend using this tool with care for children under the age of sixteen.
- Contraindications also include excessively thin enamel.
Tea tree oil for teeth whitening: reviews
Many people look for additional information about a particular tool before they begin to apply it. So how effective and safe is teeth whitening with tea tree oil? Reviews of dentists suggest that the correct use of this tool can give really good results. At the same time, the abuse of this tool sometimes leads to damage to the enamel and soft tissues of the oral cavity.
Reviews of people who have already tried this oil confirm that the course of administration really helps to lighten and clean the tooth enamel. Of course, you should not count on an effect similar to the result of professional cleaning. Nevertheless, the results are good, especially given the very small amount of time and money.