What is a pseudonym?
The choice of a pseudonym or its absence is an important moment in the life of any creative person. It is the name that makes a person recognizable, expresses his essence, ambitions and aspirations. What is a pseudonym at a glance? A pseudonym is a kind of middle name, author’s style and expression of his alter ego. The unattractiveness of a real name and the desire for consonance in creative identification leads many to choose a new name, a new pseudonym.
A nickname or login is also a kind of pseudonym used by network users for its designation. Thus, a person tries to express his individuality, to emphasize merits or to acquire missing qualities.
Many writers, artists, artists and artists used pseudonyms in their professions and works to emphasize their true nature. Often this situation is observed in the present time. Sometimes the choice of a pseudonym is determined by the desire to remain incognito.
The most famous pseudonyms in history:
- Boris Akunin (writer Grigory Chkhartishvili)
- Anna Akhmatova (poet Anna Andreeva Gorenko)
- Sandro Botticelli (painter Alessandro Filipeli)
- Marko Vovchok (writer Maria A. Velinskaya-Markovich)
- Marina Vlady (actress Maria-Louise Polyakova-Baydarova)
- Voltaire (famous writer and philosopher Marie Francois Aruet)
- Pencil (circus artist Mikhail Nikolayevich Rumyantsev)
- Maxim Gorky (Alexey Peshkov)
- Moliere (playwright Jean Baptiste Poklen)
- Marilyn Monroe (actress Norma Baker)