What kind of light bulbs to put in the headlights?
When buying a car, the question arises about what headlights and bulbs to put in the subsequent time. It is quite important to know, because the weather conditions are diverse and, accordingly, the better the driver will see the road, the less risk of an accident. To do this, initially from the consultant - the seller of your car, you should know the information about what headlights the car has now and their advantages over others. Since the representative of a particular company will not tell the shortcomings, or will not fully reveal to you, so you have to make your own choices. Next, we will present all the information about what kind of light bulbs to put in the headlights and describe their types.
Types of headlights
- Dim light. There are no flaws, they are relevant in any weather and any situation. Usually they combine in themselves headlights not only a passing light, but also a distant, but thus a distant light, will be weak.
- Fog. The choice is not great, since these lights put exactly under a certain car. Therefore, in order to replace the headlights you only need to know the model and brand of your car.
- Additional.Their advantage is that they are universal for all cars. But any additional headlights are called fog. Therefore, it is necessary to make a choice between what to combine with. In any case, one of the components of the headlamp will be weaker in terms of lighting.
What choose light bulbs
The most important question is which lamps to put in the headlights. After all, the power of road lighting depends on them. Today there are three types of light bulbs, namely:
- Halogen lamps
- Gas filled lamps
- Xenon lamps
The first two types have their own varieties: standard, all-weather, high power, pseudo-xenon and high light output. As for the third type we have presented, they are usually placed in optical headlights, since by inserting such lamps into reflector headlights, various problems of light flux arise. But at the same time, manufacturers in some brands of car models still put xenon lamps in ordinary reflector headlights, removing all the flaws, respectively, their price is quite high. In addition, this type of lamp heats up much less than the rest and has the most high-quality and bright lighting, due to the halogen. They also allow you to choose the headlights of a more complex design.In any case, it is better for you to know in advance what kind of bulbs are in the headlights of the car you are purchasing.
Before choosing lamps in the headlights of your car you should pay attention to some details:
- Assess the weather conditions and the condition of the roads in your country.
- Rate your driving at night.
- Estimate the size of the available headlights and correlate with lamps of different power.
- Evaluate your financial capabilities. And remember, it is better to buy expensive lamps in the headlights and be confident in their quality and serviceability.
In any case, which lamps are better to insert into the headlights is known only to you, considering all the above-mentioned subtleties of choice, which should primarily influence your decision making. But also, you can put all the same lamps that were originally on the car, if they are completely satisfied with you, which happens quite often. After all, manufacturers of various brands of cars, strive to do for their customers, all at the highest level. Usually, these are halogen lamps of 50-60 W, well, more detailed information about their purchase and replacement will be provided by the dealership consultant. It is also an important point that the yellow light of a light bulb illuminates roads better when it is foggy, while white light is much more effective when traveling at night.