What can not with diabetes?
Today, diabetes is a very common disease.
A lot of people suffer from this disease and their number is constantly growing. If a person is sick with diabetes, then he must go on a completely different lifestyle. Doctors claim that the treatment of diabetes depends on a certain lifestyle and diet. Therefore, the patient must clearly know for himself what can be eaten and what cannot be with diabetes.
Ideally, a diet should be made for each patient individually. Because the type, as well as the degree of the disease, the weight of the patient must be taken into account. It should be noted that it is just necessary to create an individual diet for people who suffer from the second type of diabetes.
The energy value of the products is carefully calculated. But whatever the individual diet, in any case, there are a number of products that are strictly prohibited to diabetics.
Products that raise the level of sugar
Be sure to know what to eat in diabetes:
- ice cream.
In addition, you need to take into account the consumption of carbohydrates in the everyday menu. Confectionery products are allowed only if a sugar substitute is used instead of sugar. And then with the permission of the doctor, because even sweeteners are not shown to everyone.
And also not allowed:
- carbonated beverages and beverages that have sugar in their content;
- a large amount of simple fats and carbohydrates;
- fatty foods (increases cholesterol in the blood, as a result of blockage of blood vessels)
The patient does not necessarily have to let go of the fact that when he knows what products are impossible with diabetes, he thereby preserves his life. The fact is that with simple carbohydrates the sugar level rises greatly, and if insulin is not enough or is completely absent, then hypoglycemic coma can occur, which is life-threatening.
Many people think that milk and meat are the most healthy products and all of them are cooked, but they are wrong.With diabetes, they are prohibited, and in addition to them some other products, such as:
- fatty fish;
- smoked meat;
- canned food;
- cottage cheese.
It is also forbidden to drink alcoholic beverages, which have a very high sugar content, these are both liqueurs and dessert wines. Very, very rarely, you can eat ice cream, fruit or dairy.
Prohibited vegetables and fruits
It is also an erroneous opinion that one can eat natural, that is, vegetables and fruits. Need to adhere to these rules:
- limit potato consumption;
- exclude grapes;
- do not eat mango;
- forget about bananas;
- Do not eat figs, dried apricots, dates, raisins and other sweet dried fruits.
Not desirable for diabetes
In diabetes, you should avoid the use of such products:
- everything that contains refined sugar and in its pure form, including (jam, marmalade, sherbet, cakes, muffins, pies, cakes, even chewing gums, fruits, candied fruits and juices with sugar);
- salt and all products with it, including salted nuts and sauerkraut. (it is necessary to look at the composition of the products before they are eaten so that there is no salt);
- all kinds of seasonings: ketchup, mustard, meat and fish sauces, pickles and green olives;
- white rice and barley porridge;
- foods that are too saturated with fats. They affect the heart;
- cereals are dry, they usually squeeze out all the juices, so they are not prepared without the use of sugar and salt (corn flakes);
- coffee, tea containing thein, tannin and caffeine;
- peanut butter;
- Snack meat (dried, dried, if it is with chemicals, sausages and all products that contain nitrogenous sodium);
- white bread, it does not contain vitamins of group B, and there is no vitamin E;
- canned soups, they can have preservatives, salt and sugar.
Thus, if you adhere to all the rules, do not allow prohibited foods to be eaten, make an individual diet for each day, then the treatment will pass successfully and the patient will not feel discomfort in connection with diabetes.