What does the slinger do? Profession slinger: where they study, grade and certification
Currently all professions are important. Each specialist in their field performs specific work that affects the final result. In the workplace there is such a profession as a slinger. What this employee does is described in the article.
What does the slinger do? This specialist is responsible for loading and unloading. He controls that the cargo was securely fixed during the transfer. The goods should not threaten. What else does a slinger do in his work? He actively interacts with the crane operator or loader. This ensures proper handling.
The slinger's instructions include the main activities that the employee must perform:
- The main task is the correct attachment of cargo to the lines. This affects the safety of moving objects and the safety of people.
- The specialist must first check the load. For example, containers should be weighed before transport to determine which lines to use.
- The man adjusts the actions of the crane operator. It provides signals that determine the height and angle of elevation.
- The task is to prepare the site for unloading. This involves clearing the site from debris, harvesting pallets and planning the placement of containers.
These are only the main duties included in the slinger's instructions. In fact, a specialist has a lot to do. The document contains information about what the slinger does every day. Responsibilities may vary depending on the type of organization.
The slinger needs to know the following to obtain a certificate:
- Rules for the selection of devices. According to the type, weight, shape, dimensions of the cargo, different equipment is selected. Due to an incorrectly chosen sling, an accident with negative consequences may occur.
- The nuances of cable rejection, technical standards for cables, hooks, pegs and other devices. The specialist examines the tooling to check its serviceability.
- Verbal and gesture signals to control the crane operator. In this case, accuracy and certainty are necessary, because an accident can occur due to any error.
- Safety rules relating to the movement of goods and other mechanisms. The slinger may not obey any instructions if they do not meet the standards.
- Rules for the use of fire extinguishing agents and the provision of medical aid. Injuries happen often, so it is important to know about the necessary actions.
Skills and abilities
It is important for slinger to be able to:
- Set the center of gravity of the load. Without this, it will not be possible to hang heavy objects appropriately. But it is necessary that when lifting the loads were in one position.
- Qualitatively fix the slings even in the absence of regular slinging products.
- Control the crane operator's actions so that the load rises without rotation and swinging.
In addition to these knowledge and skills, it is important to have good coordination of movements, an accurate eye gauge and excellent physical shape. All this will allow you to do the job well.
The specialist must be able to competently and clearly act in emergency situations that often occur in all industries.In these cases, it is necessary to make informed decisions, taking into account practical experience and safety.
Work slinger should not perform an ordinary loader. This can lead to fines from the inspection bodies, as well as to serious consequences due to the employee’s lack of knowledge of the special subtleties of the profession.
Training and certification
Only qualified workers are allowed to work. For this it is important to pass the exam, after which a person receives a discharge. The profession "slinger" does not require higher or technical education. Anyone can take such courses. Where do you study for a slinger? Seminars are held in colleges, colleges and universities. Often training is organized at the enterprises themselves. Only then can employees or those who wish to work for this organization attend courses.
After training, certification is carried out, which allows you to test knowledge. According to the results and assigned ranks stropalschikov. Similar certification is held every year. Therefore, if not assigned a high digit, then you should not be upset. You can retake and get the desired level.
The highest incomes are in the staff of the Leningrad and Moscow regions. There the salary can reach 45 thousand rubles. In other regions, depending on the type of enterprise, income from employees is up to 35 thousand rubles.
You can get a profession, for example, in:
- Ishimsky multi-technical school.
- Kostroma Energy College them. F.V. Chizhov.
- Omsk College of Professional Technology.
- Tomsk College of Railway Transport.
- Krasnokamensk Mining Industrial College.
There is a strict hierarchy in this profession. There are several rangers slinger. Specialists are divided into 5 categories. The smallest is the 2nd grade, allowing to take part in the loading work, but other people are commanding. They cannot lift large and heavy loads.
A high rank is considered 6. Slingers have the right to work with different cranes and loaders without restrictions on the mass of containers. Therefore, many people want to get exactly this level in order to receive a higher income.
Demand for the profession
The advantage is the demand for the profession.This work is in small cities and megalopolises. After all, true professionals who can handle cargo are required always and everywhere. It is advisable to look for work in large organizations, at industrial enterprises or in ports.
According to statistics, during loading and unloading works, people often get various injuries. Many employees become disabled due to severe injuries. This happens because of negligence or ignorance, as well as violation of safety rules. That is why among employees regularly carry out certification to check the readiness of a person to work.
Thus, the slinger is an important profession, in which only responsible and attentive people can work. Going through training and following all the rules allows you to perform work duties efficiently.