Which orthopedic mattresses are better?
Orthopedic mattress - very necessary and veryuseful thing. It is this mattress, thanks to its special design, provides anatomically correct position of the human body. Coming to the store behind the orthopedic mattress, many people are lost, as the range is wide and varied. This confusion is quite understandable - every person wants to buy the best orthopedic mattress, but not everyone knows how to choose it.
What kind of orthopedic mattress is better to choose
Pay attention to the characteristics of the mattress:
- degree of rigidity;
- composition of filler.
Depending on the design features, all orthopedic mattresses are divided into:
Spring mattresses are further divided into:
- mattresses with the so-called dependent system of springs - in them the springs are intertwined in a special way and thus unite into a single system;
- mattresses with independent springs - in them springs are placed in separate rows, close to each other, with each spring packed in an individual cloth cover.
The basis of the design of springless mattressesconstitute whole or set blocks made of materials that have great elasticity (natural or artificial foam latex, coconut coir or special polymeric foam).
Which mattresses are better
It is impossible to say unambiguously which orthopedic mattresses are better - springless or spring, and both have their own merits.
- If you have osteochondrosis, you need a very hard mattress. In this case, buy a springless mattress filled with coconut coir.
- To medium-hard mattresses of medium pricecategories include springless mattresses filled with artificial latex, and spring mattresses with a dependent system of springs (the most common of these are mattresses with the design of springs of the Bonnel type). The lack of these mattresses - the so-called "hammock effect" - under a heavy load they bend in the center and therefore do not perform their main function very well. Such mattresses are suitable for healthy people with normal or low weight.
- More expensive mattresses - springless mattresses fromwhole blocks of natural latex or from polymer foam "memorial". They well support the human body during sleep and do not creak. These mattresses are durable, hypoallergenic and can be recommended to almost everyone.
- The most expensive and most comfortable are mattresses withindependent springs. These spring mattresses perfectly support the body and at the same time obediently repeat its contours. Such mattresses are very durable - their service life is much longer than that of other types of mattresses.
In order to finally decide on the choice of mattress, we advise you also to read our articles Which mattress is better | What is an orthopedic mattress and what are the best mattresses for children.